Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 221256
Review Request: etswitch - A *nix 'minimizer' for a few games
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:52 EST
Spec URL: http://rafalzaq.nonlogic.org/fedora/etswitch/etswitch.spec
SRPM URL: http://rafalzaq.nonlogic.org/fedora/etswitch/etswitch-0.1.14-1.fc6.src.rpm
Description: ETswitch is a *nix 'minimizer' for a few games.
Supported games: Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory | Quake III: Arena | QuakeForge
| Quake2(Quake2Forge) | DOOM3 | America's Army: Operations | Nexuiz | Scorched
3D | Alien Arena 2006 / GE / UE / 2007 | Cube | Tux Racer | jDoom / jHexen /
jHeretic | S.C.O.U.R.G.E | OpenTTD | Trigger | Sauerbraten | GLtron | SuperTux
| Pingus | Neverball / Neverputt | UFO2000 | Kobo Deluxe | chromium B.S.U. |
Wormux | Warzone 2100 | Secret Maryo Chronicles | Descent 2
This is one of my first packages so I'm looking for a sponsor.
I am not sponsored, it is prereview.
* rpmlint output: NULL
* package is named well
* spec file name is good
* package meets Packaging Guidelines
* package is licensed with an GPL open-source compatible license
* License field in spec file matches actual license
* license file is included in %doc
* Spec is written in English (probably American)
* The spec file for the package is legible.
* md5sums are matching (4f924bff0bb4fcded8cb73ff338b8563)
* package successfully compiles on i386
* BuildRequires listed well (build succcesfully in mock)
* no locales
* there does not need to %post and %postun sections
* package owns directories probably well
* no duplicates in %files
* every %files section includes %defattr
* proper %clean section
* package consistently use macros
* the *.desktop is installed with desktop-file-install in the %install section
(Removing NEEDSPONSOR: bug 221727)
I note that the summary doesn't seem to tell me much at all about what this
package is actually supposed to do.
"Allows games to be minimized using keyboard shortcut" will be ok?
This program does not work for me; I've tried using the hard-coded escape keys
("super_L" and "F10") according to the man page, and I've tried setting up
different escape keys using "etswitch -c", but with no luck.
This was tested using warzone2100 and supertux. I am running KDE.
Just another quick note: your desktop-file-install command has the following entry:
This category is deprecated and should be removed.
There's been no response from the submitter to review comments made 4.5 months
ago. Setting NEEDINFO; I will close this ticket soon if there is no response.
Closing as promised.