Bug 221349 - Review Request: doodle - tool to quickly search the documents on a computer
Review Request: doodle - tool to quickly search the documents on a computer
Status: CLOSED NEXTRELEASE
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: Package Review (Show other bugs)
rawhide
All Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Mamoru TASAKA
Fedora Package Reviews List
:
Depends On: 214087
Blocks: FE-ACCEPT
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2007-01-03 18:47 EST by Karol Trzcionka
Modified: 2007-11-30 17:11 EST (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2007-01-07 08:08:27 EST
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:


Attachments (Terms of Use)
Mock build log of doodle-0.6.6-1 (58.76 KB, text/plain)
2007-01-04 13:18 EST, Mamoru TASAKA
no flags Details

  None (edit)
Description Karol Trzcionka 2007-01-03 18:47:13 EST
Spec URL: http://karlik.nonlogic.org/doodle/doodle.spec
SRPM URL: http://karlik.nonlogic.org/doodle/doodle-0.6.6-1.src.rpm
Description: 
Doodle is a tool to quickly search the documents on a computer. Doodle builds
an index using meta-data contained in the documents and allows fast searches on
the resulting database. Doodle uses libextractor to support obtaining meta-data
from various file-formats. The database used by doodle is a suffix tree,
resulting in fast lookups. Doodle supports approximate searches.

Two things to reviewers:
1. I had to comment _smp_mflags, because when this flag is ON, the rpm does not build. I sent mail to author of this program.
2. To build doodle need libextractor-devel. This is not in fedora-extras, but the Review request is bug #214087

I am not sponsored.
Comment 1 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-01-04 13:02:19 EST
Well, actually I requested doodle. Then:

Your package does not provide doodled (i.e. rebuilding your
srpm does not create /usr/bin/doodled). The homepage (1) says
that doodled requires fam, which is replaced by gamin.
The spec file provided by dag.wieers.com (2) seems that
doodled can be used with the help of gamin, so please
modify your spec file to use gamin so that doodled can be used.

Also, accroding to "Hints for system administrators" on the homepage
doodled can be run as a daemon. In this case, providing 
initscript service scripts (usually under /etc/rc.d/init.d )
is recommended. Would you provide it?

1. http://gnunet.org/doodle/
2. http://dag.wieers.com/packages/doodle/doodle.spec
Comment 2 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-01-04 13:18:52 EST
Created attachment 144826 [details]
Mock build log of doodle-0.6.6-1

Mockbuild log of doodle-0.6.6-1 on FC-devel i386.
You can see that /usr/bin/doodled is not installed.
Comment 3 Karol Trzcionka 2007-01-04 17:29:52 EST
(In reply to comment #1)
> Well, actually I requested doodle. Then:
> 
> Your package does not provide doodled (i.e. rebuilding your
> srpm does not create /usr/bin/doodled). The homepage (1) says
> that doodled requires fam, which is replaced by gamin.
> The spec file provided by dag.wieers.com (2) seems that
> doodled can be used with the help of gamin, so please
> modify your spec file to use gamin so that doodled can be used.
> 
Fixed
> Also, accroding to "Hints for system administrators" on the homepage
> doodled can be run as a daemon. In this case, providing 
> initscript service scripts (usually under /etc/rc.d/init.d )
> is recommended. Would you provide it?
> 
> 1. http://gnunet.org/doodle/
> 2. http://dag.wieers.com/packages/doodle/doodle.spec
The initscript is a problem. The doodled need argument which directory it
monitors and the doodled can be run more then once in the same time. The doodled
in initscript can be run with argument i.e. "/home", but the progam is limited
to monitoring less than 1024 directories for changes, so the "/home" sometimes
can be too big.
I think it must be discussed. 

New files:
Spec URL: http://karlik.nonlogic.org/doodle/doodle.spec
SRPM URL: http://karlik.nonlogic.org/doodle/doodle-0.6.6-2.src.rpm
Comment 4 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-01-05 13:08:45 EST
I will review this later.
Comment 5 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-01-06 02:28:20 EST
Well,
= now mockbuild for conditional dependency is okay
= License is "actually" GPL
= Other things are all okay.
= Your other review requests seems good from a
  very quick check.

----------------------------------------------------------
   This package (doodle) is APPROVED by me.
----------------------------------------------------------

Please step forward according to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Contributors .
At a stage, I should receive a main which notices
that you need a sponsor. Then I will SPONSOR YOU.
Comment 6 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-01-06 07:59:50 EST
Oh.. I just noticed that you already requested for
sponsorship.

Now I am sponsoring you and you should receive a mail.
Comment 7 Karol Trzcionka 2007-01-07 08:08:27 EST
(In reply to comment #6)
> Oh.. I just noticed that you already requested for
> sponsorship.
> 
> Now I am sponsoring you and you should receive a mail.
Thank You for sponsorship. The package was built correctly on buildsys (all
arch, devel), so I can close this request.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.