Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 221666
NFS kernel panic when virtual IP is moved
Last modified: 2010-03-16 13:26:08 EDT
Description of problem:
When recreating bug #190756, I kept getting kernel panics with
or without my patch to fix the problem.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Happens 25% - 50% of my attempts to recreate 190756.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Export a GFS file system on a 3-node cluster running RHEL4 U4
In my case, roth-01, roth-02 and roth-03.
2. Create a virtual IP xx.xx.xx.250 on the servers, defined to
run on two or more of the NFS/GFS servers.
3. NFS mount the file system through the virtual IP on five
NFS clients. In my case, trin-12,13,14,15 and 16.
4. Run the genesis QE test case to create a directory for each
client, and multiple files inside each.
5. While genesis is running, use the following script to move the
virtual IP from node to node:
for ((a=1; a>0; a++))
clusvcadm -r xx.xx.xx.250 -m roth-02
clusvcadm -r xx.xx.xx.250 -m roth-01
Around 25 to 50% of the runs, the kernel will panic.
No kernel panic.
See call trace in the attachment for more information.
Also see bz #190756 for additional information.
I realize this is an awkward setup, so please contact me if you
want me to recreate this. These are only my test clusters, so I can
put debug code on easily and let you have the machines to recreate
this. Also, let me know if I can help in any way.
Created attachment 144941 [details]
Several instances of kernel panic from my test
Three year old issue - please reopen if this still occurs.