Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 221734
Unable to Upgrade Pydev Because "org.junit" is Missing
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:52 EST
Description of problem:
If you try to upgrade Pydev using Eclipse's plugin update feature, Eclipse will
refuse to install Pydev 1.2.5, giving the error message 'PyDev for Eclipse
(1.2.5) requires plug-in "org.junit".' This is an odd message because JUnit is
included with Eclipse 3.1.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to Help/Software Update/Find and Install...
2. Select "Search for new features to install", then click "Next"
3. Create a remote site for Pydev updates at http://pydev.sf.net/updates/
4. Check Pydev within the "Sites to include in search" box, then click "Finish".
5. Check Pydev within the "Select the features to install" box.
6. Notice the error message at the top of the dialog.
When I run those steps, I get:
"PyDev for Eclipse (1.2.5) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.ui.ide (3.2.0)", or
And according to the project page Pydev does in fact require Eclipse SDK 3.2.
Pydev also requires a JVM that is compatible with Java 5. Since both of these
aren't in FC5 I'm going to close this bug.
FC6 has Eclispe SDK 3.2 but no Java 5. If you go that route, you'll have to use
a proprietary VM that supports Java 5. Thanks.