Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 222555
Review Request: tango-icon-theme-extras - Extra icons from the Tango Project
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:53 EST
Spec URL: http://thecodergeek.com/downloads/fedora/tango-icon-theme-extras.spec
SRPM URL: http://thecodergeek.com/downloads/fedora/tango-icon-theme-extras-0.1.0-1.src.rpm
Contains extra icons for from the Tango Project. Currently this includes Tango
icons for iPod Digital Audio Player (DAP) devices and the Dell Pocket DJ DAP.
rpmlint is silent except for one warning:
W: tango-icon-theme-extras invalid-license Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike
This is a a false positive, as it is simply not in the list in rpmlint's TagsCheck.py file; and the tango-icon-theme in Extras uses this exact License tag.
[ Adding alias; though "tango-icon-theme-extras" exceeds the 20-character limit. ]
I'm happy to review your package. Look for a full review here in a bit.
Ok, here we go.
- package conforms to package naming guidlines
- spec file name matches basename
- the package is licensed with an open source compatible license
- package includes license in %doc
- spec file is written in american english
- spec file is legible
- sources match upstream (sha1sum)
- package successfully built on my test box (i386)
- no need for exclude arch
- BR are present and make sense
- no libraries, no need to run ldconfig
- not relocatable
- package owns everything it creates
- package does not duplicate files it owns
- file attributes are set appropriatly
- %clean section present and removes buildroot
- consistently uses macros
- no large documentation
- files in %doc does not affect runtime of application
- does not contain a pkgconfig file
- does not contain any libraries
- does not have a devel package
- does not contain any .la files
- package does not have a gui
- package does not own files/directories owned by other packages.
Peter, have you considered reporting the missing CC lincense to the rpmlint maintainer?
I don't see any blockers, so this package is APPROVED.
Just a comment:
BuildRequires: ImageMagick-devel >= 5.5.7
BuildRequires: librsvg2-devel >= 2.12.3
Check if "-devel" (not main) package is really required.
From buildlog, rebuilding this needs "/usr/bin/convert"
(in ImageMagick), /usr/bin/rsvg (librsvg2) are needed,
however, -devel packages do not seem to be needed.
Thanks for the review, Ruben!
(In reply to comment #4)
> BuildRequires: ImageMagick-devel >= 5.5.7
> BuildRequires: librsvg2-devel >= 2.12.3
> Check if "-devel" (not main) package is really required.
> From buildlog, rebuilding this needs "/usr/bin/convert"
> (in ImageMagick), /usr/bin/rsvg (librsvg2) are needed,
> however, -devel packages do not seem to be needed.
Much of this spec file is copied directly from the tango-icon-theme spec that is
already in Extras. I will check on these BuildRequires when I return home
Yup. I tried rebuilding it in mock with these BuildRequires changed to their
base packages (ImageMagick and librsvg2 intead of the -devel subpackages); and
the configure script fails because it uses pkg-config to ensure that the
necessary versions of these two are installed. The relevent pkgconfig files are
in the -devel packages, so these are needed. :)
Thanks for the review; imported and closing as NEXTRELEASE.
(And I've created bug #225354 to ask about adding that to the list of valid