Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 22386
Last modified: 2005-10-31 17:00:50 EST
When I try to upgrade from 6.2 to 7.0, the upgrade program crashes.
The scenario is as follows:
- downloaded RedHat/RPMS and RedHat/base to a FAT32 hard disk partition
- written boot image to a floppy disk
- writen latest anaconda update to another floppy
- booted from the boot floppy, and entered linux update at the prompt
- Chosen 'hard drive' as installation medium
- When prompted for the update disk I put the corresponding floppy in the
- Selected 'upgrade current system' as installation method
When the program is in the process of reading the installed packages, I get
a python dump.
If you give me an e-mail address I can send you the saved dump file.
Created attachment 6512 [details]
The files you were installing from are either incomplete or corrupted. Make sure
you copied all the required files in a binary safe method.