Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 224684
Review Request: cronolog - Web log rotation program for Apache
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:54 EST
Spec URL: ftp://ftp.tummy.com/pub/tummy/RPMS/SRPMS/cronolog.spec
SRPM URL: ftp://ftp.tummy.com/pub/tummy/RPMS/SRPMS/cronolog-1.6.2-3.src.rpm
cronolog is a simple filter program that reads log file entries from
standard input and writes each entry to the output file specified
by a filename template and the current date and time. When the
expanded filename changes, the current file is closed and a new one
opened. cronolog is intended to be used in conjunction with a Web server,
such as Apache, to split the access log into daily or monthly logs.
- "strip src/cronolog" needs to go, let rpmbuild take care of it and produce a
usable debuginfo package.
- Use "make install DESTDIR=..." instead of %makeinstall
- Why is the info file removed instead of being included and properly installed?
- The man page refers to /www/sbin/cronolog which could be replaced by the
actual installation path, /usr/sbin/cronolog
- Would /usr/bin be a more appropriate install path for cronosplit than /usr/sbin?
- INSTALL is useless in %doc, and should be dropped.
All these items addressed, thanks.
Looks good, approved.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: cronolog
Short Description: Web log rotation program for Apache
Branch 'EL-5' created for module 'cronolog' from branch 'FC-6'
I assume this was a branch request since the module already existed. Please use
the proper request form next time.