Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 225447
Review Request: php-magpierss - MagpieRSS is an RSS parser written in PHP
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:54 EST
Spec URL: http://www.stahnkage.com/rpms/php-magpierss.spec
SRPM URL: http://www.stahnkage.com/rpms/php-magpierss-0.72-1.src.rpm
Description: MagpieRSS is a set of php files designed to parse RSS XML for usage in PHP code.
MagpieRSS is compatible with RSS 0.9 through RSS 1.0.
I think I am going to change the install path for this and make the review
dependent on bug #225434.
SPEC URL: http://www.stahnkage.com/rpms/php-magpierss.spec
SRPM URL: http://www.stahnkage.com/rpms/php-magpierss-0.72-2.src.rpm
Well, hey, the blocker bug is fixed now, so I'll take a look.
Well, there's not much to this package. rpmlint is completely silent.
A couple of minor issues:
The indentation in %description looks a little odd.
There's no need for the leading slash here:
I don't think these are blockers.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text not included upstream.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper (none needed)
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* package installs properly
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane:
php-magpierss = 0.72-2.fc7
* %check is not present; no test suite upstream.
* owns the directories it creates.
/usr/share/php comes from php-common, which is a dependency of php.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: php-magpierss
Short Description: MagpieRSS is an RSS parser written in PHP
Branches: FC-6, F7, devel, EL4, EL5
Please don't forget to close this bug once the package has been imported and built.