Bug 225522 - Review Request: cinepaint - CinePaint is a tool for manipulating images
Review Request: cinepaint - CinePaint is a tool for manipulating images
Status: CLOSED NEXTRELEASE
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: Package Review (Show other bugs)
rawhide
All Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Mamoru TASAKA
Fedora Package Reviews List
:
Depends On:
Blocks: FE-ACCEPT
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2007-01-30 21:25 EST by Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart)
Modified: 2007-12-18 21:14 EST (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2007-07-25 14:37:32 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
kwizart: fedora‑review+
kevin: fedora‑cvs+


Attachments (Terms of Use)
mock build log of cinepaint-0.21.2-1.fc7 (567.30 KB, text/plain)
2007-02-11 03:06 EST, Mamoru TASAKA
no flags Details
mock build log of cinepaint 0.22.0-1 on FC-devel i386 (autoconf added) (320.57 KB, text/plain)
2007-04-25 12:35 EDT, Mamoru TASAKA
no flags Details
mock build log of cinepaint-0.22.0-4 on FC-devel i386 (364.56 KB, text/plain)
2007-05-15 02:33 EDT, Mamoru TASAKA
no flags Details
mock build log of cinepaint-0.22.0-5 on FC-devel i386 (59.49 KB, text/plain)
2007-06-14 04:53 EDT, Mamoru TASAKA
no flags Details
mock build log of cinepaint-0.22.0-5 on FC-devel x86_64 (310.23 KB, text/plain)
2007-06-14 12:33 EDT, Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart)
no flags Details
first pattern where rpaths remain (854.32 KB, text/plain)
2007-06-14 14:58 EDT, Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart)
no flags Details
Proposed patch (780 bytes, patch)
2007-06-15 12:53 EDT, Mamoru TASAKA
no flags Details | Diff
build.log F-7 x86_64 0.22.0-6 (854.50 KB, text/plain)
2007-06-18 16:58 EDT, Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart)
no flags Details

  None (edit)
Description Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) 2007-01-30 21:25:19 EST
Spec URL:
http://kwizart.free.fr/fedora/SPECS/cinepaint.spec
SRPM URL: http://kwizart.free.fr/fedora/6/SRPMS/cinepaint-0.21.2-1.kwizart.fc6.src.rpm
Description: 
CinePaint is a tool for manipulating images

Build fine in mock - rpmlint is silent
It can be improved with oyranos (working on it but oyranos will also need elektra. Working on it but will also need more time working on it...etc) Anyway it works fine...Oyranos Can be enabled later...

Quote of COPYING:
---
CinePaint Licenses
12/21/04 Robin.Rowe@MovieEditor.com

CinePaint contains code that is a mix of open source licenses.
 - GPL
 - LGPL
 - MIT OSI (a BSD-like license)
---
Do MIT OSI is this one http://www.xfree86.org/3.3.6/COPYRIGHT2.html#3 ?
also called "X11 License" from GPL approved licence ?
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses

This code do not seems to have 3 licences but only some part of the code has a different license...(didn't checked all the code about this question...)

Also i'm searching for a sponsort
Comment 1 Jon Ciesla 2007-02-07 15:37:54 EST
Adding FE-NEEDSPONSOR.  I'm not a sponsor, so I can't approve, but adding this
blocker will alert the sponsors to it's presence.
Comment 2 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-02-11 03:06:50 EST
Created attachment 147846 [details]
mock build log of  cinepaint-0.21.2-1.fc7

mockbuild of 0.21.2 failed on FC-7 i386.

A quick note:
* Please check BuildRequires
  - Does this need java (libgcj)?
  - Is this package gtk+ or gtk2? i.e. Using both
    glib2-devel and gtk+-devel is quite questionable.

* For desktop:
  - Category "X-Fedora" is deprecated and should be
    removed.

* File entry
------------------------------------
%{_datadir}/%{name}/%{cinever}/gimprc
%{_datadir}/%{name}/%{cinever}/gimprc_user
....... (and so on)
------------------------------------
  - ... %{_datadir}/%{name} is not owned by any
    package.
  - By the way, why don't you just write
-------------------------------------
%{_datadir}/%{name}/
-------------------------------------
    ?
   - Same for 
--------------------------------------
%{_libdir}/cinepaint/%{cinever}
%dir %{_libdir}/cinepaint
--------------------------------------
     This description can be unified.

* pkgconfig .pc files
  - Well, the description of .pc file cinepaint-gtk.pc
    is not on standard.
    Fix this file by using "Requires:"	properly.
  - And this .pc file means that -devel package should need
    some packages as Requires.

* automake requirement
---------------------------------------------
%{_datadir}/aclocal/cinepaint.m4
---------------------------------------------
  - This file should be -devel package
  - And current fedora standard is that this file adds
    "automake" to Requires (not BuildRequires)

* python sitelib <-> sitearch
  - Why do these both directories needed?
    * For i386/ppc, these are same
    * For x86_64, these differ, and usually only one directory
      of the two should be used, not both.
Comment 3 Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) 2007-02-11 11:08:58 EST
For the build error:
 * Download step:
 gtk2-devel              i386       2.10.9-3.fc7     cached            3.0 M
 gutenprint              i386       5.0.0-5.fc7      local             2.7 M
 hicolor-icon-theme      noarch     0.10-1           cached             32 k
 * Build error step:
In file included from icc_common_funcs.c:38:
print_gimp.h:50:41: error: gutenprintui/gutenprintui.h: No such file or directory
 ->> Need to enable BR gutenprint-devel... But it is already ! Can you figure
out why it did not download it ? Maybe a cache issue, does this file exist on
fc7 ? i wonder the path should be the same %{_includedir}/gutenprintui/*.h

* pkgconfig .pc files
Do i Really need a cinepaint-gtk-devel package? or use the cinepaint-devel one ?
I may also need to sort headers...

* cinepaint.m4 The content of this file produce errors when trying to rpmbuild
package that run aclocal on my system...There is a need to check this file for
its content!
-----
/usr/shar/aclocal/cinepain.m4:8 warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_CINEPAINT
run info '(automake)Extending aclocal' 
(ok i've read this...!) 
So it as i've understood i need to put all dnl inside the AC_DEFUN quotes... I
will have to check this in install step or better ask for a upstream correction...
-----


 * BR : It requires gtk+-devel (which bring glib-devel)
-------
checking for glib-config... no
configure: WARNING:
*** Check for glib-config failed.
*** You can download Glib from http://www.gtk.org/  .
*** As well check if the glib-devel or similiar package is installed on your
*** linux distribution.
checking for inline definition in glibconfig.h... no
checking for inline... inline
checking for gtk-config... no
checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.8... no
*** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
*** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gtk-config.
configure: WARNING: Test for GTK failed. See the file 'INSTALL' for help.
------

 * Searching which BR is needed for this :
checking for Python library... Not found
->> OK for an unknow reason, it seems to BR libgcj-devel!


Waiting for cinepaint.m4 info before uploading...
Comment 4 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-02-11 11:41:32 EST
(In reply to comment #3)
> For the build error:
> In file included from icc_common_funcs.c:38:
> print_gimp.h:50:41: error: gutenprintui/gutenprintui.h: No such file or directory
>  ->> Need to enable BR gutenprint-devel... But it is already ! Can you figure
> out why it did not download it ? Maybe a cache issue, does this file exist on
> fc7 ? i wonder the path should be the same %{_includedir}/gutenprintui/*.h

This is because:
---------------------------------------------------
* Sat Jan 20 2007 Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com> 5.0.0-4
- Disable libgutenprintui (GTK+ 1.2 library).  Build requires gtk2-devel,
  not gtk+-devel.
---------------------------------------------------
  So FE-devel gutenprint-devel does not have gtk+ compatible
  gutenprintui header files.
  So either:
  - rebuild this with gtk2 (is it possible?)
  - or ask gutenprint maintainer (Tim Waugh) to support GTK+.

> * pkgconfig .pc files
> Do i Really need a cinepaint-gtk-devel package? or use the 
> cinepaint-devel one ?
> I may also need to sort headers...
  What do you mean? What I said is that "rewrite cinepaint-gtk.pc
  by using "Requires" properly". For example, libglade-2.0.pc
  (in libglade2-devel) contains:
--------------------------------------------------
prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=/usr
libdir=/usr/lib
includedir=/usr/include
moduledir=${libdir}/libglade/2.0

Name: Libglade
Description: a library for dynamically loading GLADE interface files
Version: 2.6.0
Requires: gtk+-2.0 libxml-2.0 <- Please write like this!!
Libs: -L${libdir} -lglade-2.0
Cflags: -I${includedir}/libglade-2.0
--------------------------------------------------
> 
> * cinepaint.m4 The content of this file produce errors when trying to rpmbuild
> package that run aclocal on my system...There is a need to check this file for
> its content!

? What I meant is
  - This file should be moved to -devel package
  - Add "Requires: automake" to -devel package

>  * BR : It requires gtk+-devel (which bring glib-devel)
   What I said is why do you use gtk+-devel and glib*2*-devel (not
   glib-devel)?
> 
>  * Searching which BR is needed for this :
> checking for Python library... Not found
> ->> OK for an unknow reason, it seems to BR libgcj-devel!
  This is python!! Not java. Only you need is python-devel.
Comment 5 Peter Lemenkov 2007-04-11 14:43:07 EDT
FYI: Cinepaint 0.22 released.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=75029&package_id=76680&release_id=492079
Comment 6 Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) 2007-04-11 15:06:57 EDT
Yes - I'm currently working on it
I would like to work also on oyranos first, but i have not much success for now...
I will update review soon...
Comment 7 Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) 2007-04-11 17:39:59 EDT
Spec URL:
http://kwizart.free.fr/fedora/6/testing/cinepaint/cinepaint.spec
SRPM URL:
http://kwizart.free.fr/fedora/6/testing/cinepaint/cinepaint-0.22.0-1.kwizart.fc6.src.rpm
Description: CinePaint is a tool for manipulating images

The lcms requirement is 1.16 so it can be build only in devel for now 
(requested to build lcms >= 1.16 for FC-6 also)

oyranos is a little harder to build (1.7 is out this month)
I will try to improve and submit a "work in progress" review... 

icc_examin is bundled within (0.43) we may need to bundle as separate package
but lonely sources cannot be found later than 0.41 ...
Comment 8 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-04-25 12:35:25 EDT
Created attachment 153429 [details]
mock build log of cinepaint 0.22.0-1 on FC-devel i386 (autoconf added)

Mock build failed FC-devel i386 because of missing BR
about autoconf.

Even if I added autoconf as BR, still mockbuild failed
as attached.
Comment 9 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-05-10 11:43:18 EDT
Well, would you modify your spec/srpm?
Comment 10 Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) 2007-05-10 21:33:51 EDT
yes indeed...(was still working on it but was still failling on icc_examin on
devel). But I can compile it on FC-6 (x86_64 binaries are in the same directory)

So still searching for missing BR... This would help also to have lcms >= 1.16
in FC-6! I have rebuild lcms from rawhide...

Spec URL:
http://kwizart.free.fr/fedora/6/testing/cinepaint/cinepaint.spec
SRPM URL:
http://kwizart.free.fr/fedora/6/testing/cinepaint/cinepaint-0.22.0-2.kwizart.fc6.src.rpm
Description: CinePaint is a tool for manipulating images

I wonder why this "checking for Python library... Not found"
Do python have a pkg-config package ? Seems not...

I'm working on gltt and ftgl but theses are optionnal (i can built it with them
on FC-6 - spec are in the same dir for now. But they not working...  - WIP)
Comment 11 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-05-11 14:50:39 EDT
Well, I use rawhide and so I have not checked on
FC-6.

On rawhide, 0.22.0-2 contained several problems.

-----------------------------------------------------------
* Compilation
  - Actually
> yes indeed...(was still working on it but was still 
> failling on icc_examin on devel). 
    This needs a patch (Patch0)

* Directory ownership issue
  - Some directories were owned properly.

* Undefined non-weak symbols
  - Some libraries in cinepaint contained undefined non-weak
    symbols. 
    This cannot be accepted for a package which provides
    -devel subpackage because leaving these symbols leads to
    linkage failure

* Unnecessary/missing (Build)Requires
* Unnecessary %Requires(postun) etc
* Use of binaries for priviledged user
  - Binaries for priviledged user (i.e. binaries under
    /sbin /usr/sbin etc..) must be specified by full path.
    Otherwise, calling these binaries fails on sudo user,
    for example.

* More pkgconfig .pc file fix was needed
* More proper fix for rpath was recommended
  - i.e. don't use chrpath when possible
* Unneeded autoconf call
* Timestamp keeping
* desktop file fix
* Requires:
  - What does "Requires: freefont" mean?? On my system no package
    provides freefont. 
* Build log should be more verbose
-----------------------------------------------------------

I hope I fixed the issues above.
http://www.ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~mtasaka/dist/extras/development/SPECS/cinepaint.spec
http://www.ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~mtasaka/dist/extras/development/SRPMS/cinepaint-0.22.0-3.fc7.src.rpm

mock build on FC-devel i386 is successful.
http://www.ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~mtasaka/dist/extras/development/LOGS/MOCK-cinepaint.log

Please check if my spec/srpm is what you expect. If you notice
something, please fix/modify my spec/srpm and upload your spec/srpm

-----------------------------------------------------------
NOTE
There are still some items I have to check for this package.
My package may have some problem, so please check my spec/srpm.
Comment 12 Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) 2007-05-12 05:50:50 EDT
Fine!

About freefont
I have exluded %exclude %{_datadir}/fonts/FreeSans.ttf
This file (path is little different) is provided by freefont package
 ls -al /usr/share/fonts/freefont/FreeSans.ttf 
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 514280 jan 26  2006 /usr/share/fonts/freefont/FreeSans.ttf

Checking the buildir show that it bundled with icc_examin so 
ls -al ./plug-ins/icc_examin/icc_examin/FreeSans.ttf
-rw-r--r-- 1 builder builder 236376 avr 30  2005
./plug-ins/icc_examin/icc_examin/FreeSans.ttf

At this time i'm not sure if the font is found at runtime 
(for icc_examin at least)


About rpath 
There is some remaining rpath whenever libtool is patched. They come from
/usr/bin/fltk-config
See line 91 : DSOLINK="-Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib64" (on x86_64)

I think that would be better to solve the issue from fltk itself first...

Added %{python_sitelib}/* (needed on x86_64)
Comment 13 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-05-12 06:05:50 EDT
(In reply to comment #12)
Well,

> About freefont
> I have exluded %exclude %{_datadir}/fonts/FreeSans.ttf
> This file (path is little different) is provided by freefont package
>  ls -al /usr/share/fonts/freefont/FreeSans.ttf 
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 514280 jan 26  2006 /usr/share/fonts/freefont/FreeSans.ttf
> 

Ah, okay. Actually "freefont" package is found in
(ex)Extras. You can add this is Requires.

> 
> About rpath 
> There is some remaining rpath whenever libtool is patched. They come from
> /usr/bin/fltk-config
> See line 91 : DSOLINK="-Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib64" (on x86_64)
> 
> I think that would be better to solve the issue from fltk itself first...
Yes. Reporting to fltk (as you did) is preferable.

> Added %{python_sitelib}/* (needed on x86_64)
Well, on x86 and ppc, %python_sitelib and %python_sitearch
is the same and leaving both with simple glob cause
a complaint about duplicate file entry.

So would you do the following?
* use %ifarch trick
* or specify file/directory name more specificly

Comment 14 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-05-13 12:40:00 EDT
Well, is it possible that you disable oyranos support
for now?

Actually I am now reviewing about 15 review requests 
(and potentially more), so if you want me to review 
oyranos also, it may take *very* long... And I don't want
to wait until the review of oyranos is done (perhaps by
other reviewer) if possible.
Comment 15 Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) 2007-05-13 14:06:45 EDT
Ok i understand
But since Fedora 7 is in development freeze i don't know if we should planned to
release it after Fedora 7 Final is here? Cinepaint is missing from Fedora indeed
. But it would be better to have also oyranos, since this will provide a better
support for icc profiles...

For now there is still issues with rpath (but since a fixed version of fltk will
be avaible i will try to see if this is better...)

Do you mind we can test cinepaint and have enought time to add it to the
collection ?

For Fedora 6 there is still a need to update lcms >= 1.16
I would like to do so...

Asking someone else for reviewing oyranos...

Comment 16 Patrice Dumas 2007-05-13 15:19:26 EDT
I am interested in reviewing oyranos, however I have very little 
time currently so it would certainly not be before 2 weeks.
Comment 17 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-05-14 13:31:52 EDT
(In reply to comment #15)
> Ok i understand
> But since Fedora 7 is in development freeze i don't know if we should planned to
> release it after Fedora 7 Final is here? Cinepaint is missing from Fedora indeed
> . But it would be better to have also oyranos, since this will provide a better
> support for icc profiles...
> 
> For now there is still issues with rpath (but since a fixed version of fltk will
> be avaible i will try to see if this is better...)
> 
> Do you mind we can test cinepaint and have enought time to add it to the
> collection ?

Well, perhaps I don't understand what you mean here.
Your intention is that you want to import this into Fedora after
Fedora 7 is released?
Comment 18 Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) 2007-05-14 22:12:07 EDT
Spec URL:
http://kwizart.free.fr/fedora/6/testing/cinepaint/cinepaint.spec
SRPM URL:
http://kwizart.free.fr/fedora/6/testing/cinepaint/cinepaint-0.22.0-4.kwizart.fc6.src.rpm
Description: CinePaint is a tool for manipulating images

We are two days ago the deep freeze (planned thurday)
I don't think we could do cinepaint to be added to the collection before thurday
(if ever it is good enought)

This version has oyranos and ftg disabled for now:
ftgl : https://bugzilla.redhat.com/240090 

full changelog was missing: 
* Mon May 14 2007 kwizart < kwizart at gmail.com > - 0.22.0-4
- Add post & postun
- Add patch to prevent ld skipping incompatible on lib64
- Rebuild with new fltk prevent some rpath problems
----

- fixed rpath (not tested in mock for now - but mock doesn't detect rpath as
rpmbuild do...) - the new build of fltk get the thing easier but we still need
to patch libtool...This may lead to link system libraries instead of thoses that
are building... (Have to check with mock for this - not done for now...)
- About lib64 patch : i wonder if it is possible to disable the need of autoconf
by diff-ing the autoconf output with unpatched builddir ?!...

Quick rebuild of oyranos and ftgl seems to gives good result...




Comment 19 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-05-15 02:33:20 EDT
Created attachment 154717 [details]
mock build log of cinepaint-0.22.0-4 on FC-devel i386

I just tried mockbuild on FC-devel i386, but it failed.
Comment 20 Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) 2007-05-15 11:08:35 EDT
Indeed. This work with rpmbuild on my system (i've installed cinepaint)

commenting out:
#sed -i.rpath 's|^runpath_var=LD_RUN_PATH|runpath_var=DIE_RPATH_DIE|g' libtool

This allow to build icc_examin but rpath remains present for plugins, libs and
python_libs (icc_examin seems not to contain rpath ?!...)

Still searching for a proper fix...


Comment 21 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-05-28 09:44:29 EDT
Please update the status of this bug.
Comment 22 Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) 2007-06-10 08:40:35 EDT
Spec URL:
http://kwizart.free.fr/fedora/6/testing/cinepaint/cinepaint.spec
SRPM URL:
http://kwizart.free.fr/fedora/6/testing/cinepaint/cinepaint-0.22.0-5.kwizart.fc6.src.rpm
Description: CinePaint is a tool for manipulating images

Well i cannot remove rpath without allowing to build icc_examin! As state is the
previous comment.. This will lead to libcinepaintHalf.so.0 not found if
cinepaint isn't alreay installed. That's mean it works without chrpath if thoses
libs are present in ldpath (when cinepaint is already installed on the system
for example).
That's why i don't get build errors with icc_examin when i uses rpmbuild and
patched libtool...

Do you have advices to deal with this ?

Oyranos isn't BR for this one but works fine... maybe we could add it later
which will required an updates later if we enable it...
Comment 23 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-06-11 10:42:13 EDT
Well, while I want to recheck this, I may not be able to do so
for 2-3 days...
Comment 24 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-06-14 04:53:16 EDT
Created attachment 156967 [details]
mock build log of cinepaint-0.22.0-5 on FC-devel i386

Well, before rpath, 0.22.0-5 stops on configure...
Comment 25 Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) 2007-06-14 05:12:53 EDT
Ok a quick sum up at this step!

All necessary dependency where actually asked (or bring by interdependencies)
Somes of them seems to failled because of http and/or cpio errors that make me
think of a problem with mock cache or something else... do we have a broken
rawhide already ?

I would suggest to mock with F-7 or do a retry with a new cache...

http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/Linux/Fedora/development/i386/os/Fedora/elinks-0.11.2-1.fc7.i386.rpm:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
http://ftp.kddilabs.jp/Linux/packages/fedora/development/i386/os/Fedora/elinks-0.11.2-1.fc7.i386.rpm:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
warning: audit-libs-python-1.5.3-1.fc7: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
4f2a6fd2
warning: libXext-1.0.1-2.1: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 897da07a
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2.11.4;4670fe78:
cpio: read
/usr/bin/gtk-query-immodules-2.0-32: error while loading shared libraries:
libcairo.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
error: %post(gtk2-2.11.2-1.fc8.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 127
...
checking for TIFF support... checking for TIFFOpen in -ltiff... no
configure: WARNING: *** TIFF dev lib not found ***
checking tiff.h usability... yes
checking tiff.h presence... yes
checking for tiff.h... yes
checking tiffio.h usability... yes
checking tiffio.h presence... yes
checking for tiffio.h... yes
checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking for OpenEXR... (version 1.4.0) yes
checking for JPEG support... checking for jinit_memory_mgr in -ljpeg... no
configure: WARNING: *** JPEG ***
checking for gzsetparams in -lz... no
configure: WARNING: *** PNG plug-in will not be built (ZLIB library not found) ***
checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config

checking for libpng... (version 1.2.16) yes
checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking for lcms >= 1.16... yes (version 1.16)
checking for XmuClientWindow in -lXmu... no
checking for XmuUpdateMapHints in -lXmu... no
configure: WARNING: *** cinepaint-remote will not be built (XMU library not
found) ***
checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
try gutenprintui2
checking for gutenprint >= 5.0.0... yes (version 5.0.0.99.1)
checking for oyranos-config... no
configure: WARNING:
*** Check for oyranos-config failed.
*** You can download Oyranos from http://www.oyranos.org/  .
....
   Jpeg plug-in:                no     CinePaint will not build without
Comment 26 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-06-14 10:22:14 EDT
Well, would you attach a *full* mock build log on x86_64 (I guess
you are using x86_64) if you don't try to remove rpath
by "chrpath -d"?

Actually on i386 rpath issue does not appear even if I do not
use chrpath and I need the build log on x86_64 
Comment 27 Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) 2007-06-14 12:31:27 EDT
ok, then if i have
sed -i.rpath 's|^hardcode_libdir_flag_spec=.*|hardcode_libdir_flag_spec=""|g'
libtool
#sed -i.rpath 's|^runpath_var=LD_RUN_PATH|runpath_var=DIE_RPATH_DIE|g' libtool
and chrpath are commented then build works, but produces also rpath issues:
---------------
[kwizart@Kwizatz result]$ rpmlint -i cinepaint-* | grep E:
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath /usr/bin/cinepaint ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/screenshot ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/bmp ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/iff ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/sharpen ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/rotate ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/sgi ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/pdf ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/iol ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/xwd ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/median ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/fits ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/png ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/gifload ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/pic ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/collect ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/psd_save ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/noisify ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/psd ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/print ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/gbr ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/pnm ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/snoise ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/decompose ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/openexr ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/tga ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/dicom ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/compose ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/unsharp ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/dbbrowser ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/tiff ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/blur ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/spread ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/minimum ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/jpeg ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/edge ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/rawphoto ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/gauss_rle ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/script-fu ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/bracketing_to_hdr ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/cineon ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/mblur ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/hdr ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/sobel ['/usr/lib64', '']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/gimpmodule.so ['/usr/lib64', '$LD_RUN_PATH']
E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath /usr/lib64/libcinepaint.so.0.0.22
['/usr/lib64', '$LD_RUN_PATH']
----------------

If i have:
sed -i.rpath 's|^hardcode_libdir_flag_spec=.*|hardcode_libdir_flag_spec=""|g'
libtool
sed -i.rpath 's|^runpath_var=LD_RUN_PATH|runpath_var=DIE_RPATH_DIE|g' libtool
Then build fails attached build.log
mock build log of cinepaint-0.22.0-5 on FC-devel x86_64
Comment 28 Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) 2007-06-14 12:33:01 EDT
Created attachment 157018 [details]
mock build log of cinepaint-0.22.0-5 on FC-devel x86_64
Comment 29 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-06-14 13:10:11 EDT
(In reply to comment #27)
> ok, then if i have
> sed -i.rpath 's|^hardcode_libdir_flag_spec=.*|hardcode_libdir_flag_spec=""|g'
> libtool
> #sed -i.rpath 's|^runpath_var=LD_RUN_PATH|runpath_var=DIE_RPATH_DIE|g' libtool
> and chrpath are commented then build works, but produces also rpath issues:
> ---------------
> [kwizart@Kwizatz result]$ rpmlint -i cinepaint-* | grep E:
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath /usr/bin/cinepaint ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/screenshot ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/bmp ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/iff ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/sharpen ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/rotate ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/sgi ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/pdf ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/iol ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/xwd ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/median ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/fits ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/png ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/gifload ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/pic ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/collect ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/psd_save ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/noisify ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/psd ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/print ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/gbr ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/pnm ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/snoise ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/decompose ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/openexr ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/tga ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/dicom ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/compose ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/unsharp ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/dbbrowser ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/tiff ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/blur ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/spread ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/minimum ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/jpeg ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/edge ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/rawphoto ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/gauss_rle ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/script-fu ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/bracketing_to_hdr ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/cineon ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/mblur ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/hdr ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/cinepaint/0.22-0/plug-ins/sobel ['/usr/lib64', '']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> /usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/gimpmodule.so ['/usr/lib64', '$LD_RUN_PATH']
> E: cinepaint binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath /usr/lib64/libcinepaint.so.0.0.22
> ['/usr/lib64', '$LD_RUN_PATH']
> ----------------

Please also attach the full mock build log of this pattern
Comment 30 Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) 2007-06-14 14:58:58 EDT
Created attachment 157029 [details]
first pattern where rpaths remain
Comment 31 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-06-15 12:53:07 EDT
Created attachment 157132 [details]
Proposed patch

Would you try the patch attached with
* sed -i.rpath 's|^runpath_var=LD_RUN_PATH|runpath_var=DIE_RPATH_DIE|g' libtool

  _enabled_
* explicit call of chrpath all removed
?
Comment 32 Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) 2007-06-18 16:58:13 EDT
Created attachment 157327 [details]
build.log F-7 x86_64 0.22.0-6
Comment 33 Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) 2007-06-18 17:09:29 EDT
Spec URL:
http://kwizart.free.fr/fedora/6/testing/cinepaint/cinepaint.spec
SRPM URL:
http://kwizart.free.fr/fedora/6/testing/cinepaint/cinepaint-0.22.0-6.kwizart.fc7.src.rpm
Description: CinePaint is a tool for manipulating images

Ok this seems to work! No more rpath nor chrpath...
As I understood, there is a need to relink icc_examin from a step of the libtool
process.
Now autoconf is called only if not i386 or ppc because it uses some hardcoded
prefix/lib path for pkgconfig and python_arch. This seems better to uses
autoconf on everything exept i386 and ppc
Comment 34 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-06-19 12:35:39 EDT
Well, so rpath issue is removed.
Then: for 0.22.0-6.fc8:

* main vs devel subpackage split
  - Maybe /usr/bin/cinepainttool and cinepainttool.1.gz should
    be moved to -devel subpackage.
  - And cinepainttool.1.gz explains about filmgimptool?

* Newest version
  - Unfortunately, 0.22-1 is out!!
    Maybe some patches may be dropped.

  So I will do the full review when you update the source to
  0.22-1...
Comment 35 Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) 2007-06-19 20:44:07 EDT
Thoses files are really low in size
[kwizart@Kwizatz ~]$ ls -al /usr/bin/cinepainttool
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 9849 mai 15 14:08 /usr/bin/cinepainttool
[kwizart@Kwizatz ~]$ ls -al /usr/share/man/man1/cinepainttool.1.gz 
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1221 fév 10  2004 /usr/share/man/man1/cinepainttool.1.gz

I propose to move cinepainttool to devel and leave cinepainttool.1.gz in main so
users can read the manual on system where devel are not installed...

About filmgimptool i think this is the result of un uncomplete rename... I may
report this upstream (same with 0.22-1 ). The real name of the tool is
cinepaintool so i don't think we should symlink it to fix this !?

Spec URL:
http://kwizart.free.fr/fedora/6/testing/cinepaint/cinepaint.spec
SRPM URL:
http://kwizart.free.fr/fedora/6/testing/cinepaint/cinepaint-0.22.1-1.kwizart.fc6.src.rpm
Description: CinePaint is a tool for manipulating images
Comment 36 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-06-20 11:49:00 EDT
Well, for 0.22.1-1:

* About license:
  - IMO the clause 4 of FLTK License exception is completely
    incompatible with GPL. This is the same effect as
    the advertising clause of the old BSD IMO.

    Currently I cannot judge whether GPL licensed software
    can link against fltk.

    How do you think? IMO we must ask Tom 'spot' Callaway
    about this.
Comment 37 Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) 2007-06-21 06:56:53 EDT
Trying to raise FE-Legal about the fltk question...
Comment 38 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-06-28 13:42:43 EDT
spot, would you comment against my comment 36?
Comment 39 Tom "spot" Callaway 2007-06-28 13:53:12 EDT
I think the fltk license is GPL-Incompatible, but I'm asking the FSF to be sure.
Comment 40 Tom "spot" Callaway 2007-07-09 12:45:28 EDT
I was wrong! (It happens)

The FSF says:

Section 6 of LGPLv2.1 says "You must give prominent
notice with each copy of the work that the Library is used in it...."  So,
when I read the fourth exception of FLTK's license, I think the first
paragraph exempts the licensor from many of the requirements of section 6,
and then the rest goes on to explain that they're not exempt from this
particular requirement, perhaps a little more verbosely than is necessary.
The example given is, sure enough, one way to comply with this requirement,
though not the only way.

It might be helpful to bear in mind that the original BSD advertising
clause required you to publish an acknowledgment in advertisements, and not
just the software itself.  The example provided as a way to comply with
FLTK's license -- a statement in the user documentation -- suggests to me
that they do not intend to impose on your advertising.

*****
Or, in very simple terms, fltk's license is GPL-Compatible. Lifting FE-Legal.
Comment 41 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-07-09 13:28:31 EDT
Okay, Thank you spot!

---------------------------------------------------------
  This package (cinepaint) is APPROVED by me
---------------------------------------------------------
Comment 42 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-07-09 13:42:51 EDT
(In reply to comment #40)
> 
> It might be helpful to bear in mind that the original BSD advertising
> clause required you to publish an acknowledgment in advertisements, and not
> just the software itself.  

Ah... thank you for your explanation.
Comment 43 Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) 2007-07-10 18:27:52 EDT
Good!
So for now ftgl-devel (optionnal) oyranos-devel (optionnal) are missing
And lcms >= 0.16 (Required) is missing for FC-6 -(I hope we can update it)
I will probably request EL-5 when all dependencies will be avaible...
Thx you for the review.

New Package CVS Request
=======================
Package Name: cinepaint
Short Description: CinePaint is a tool for manipulating images
Owners: kwizart@gmail.com
Branches: devel F-7 FC-6
Comment 44 Kevin Fenzi 2007-07-10 19:03:23 EDT
cvs done.
Comment 45 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-07-20 08:10:35 EDT
Please close this bug when rebuild is done.
Comment 46 Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) 2007-07-20 19:16:01 EDT
Yes i will do so when fltk will hit F-7 stable so i can build cinepaint for F-7
for the first time...
I can probably close it yet i wonder,!?... As it is already built in devel...

Comment 47 Mamoru TASAKA 2007-07-21 04:08:22 EDT
(In reply to comment #46)
> Yes i will do so when fltk will hit F-7 stable so i can build cinepaint for F-7
> for the first time...

Well, when you want to rebuild one package against not-yet-released
packages, then you can ask rel-eng@fedoraproject.org to
add the (not-yet-released) packages to buildroot.
Comment 48 Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) 2007-12-18 12:12:23 EST
Package Change Request
======================
Package Name: cinepaint
New Branches: EL-4 EL-5
Comment 49 Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) 2007-12-18 12:13:27 EST
I'v made some mistake with request Flags here!
Comment 50 Kevin Fenzi 2007-12-18 21:14:14 EST
cvs done.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.