Bug 225888 - Merge Review: hsqldb
Merge Review: hsqldb
Status: CLOSED RAWHIDE
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: Package Review (Show other bugs)
rawhide
All Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Stanislav Ochotnicky
Fedora Package Reviews List
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2007-01-31 14:04 EST by Nobody's working on this, feel free to take it
Modified: 2012-06-15 12:48 EDT (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2011-01-25 08:33:02 EST
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---
panemade: fedora‑review+


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Nobody's working on this, feel free to take it 2007-01-31 14:04:07 EST
Fedora Merge Review: hsqldb

http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/hsqldb/
Initial Owner: dbhole@redhat.com
Comment 1 Stanislav Ochotnicky 2010-12-22 08:25:49 EST
I'll do the review.
Comment 2 Stanislav Ochotnicky 2010-12-22 09:08:37 EST
Package Review
==============

Key:
- = N/A
x = Check
! = Problem
? = Not evaluated

=== REQUIRED ITEMS ===
[!]  Rpmlint output:
hsqldb.noarch: W: name-repeated-in-summary C Hsqldb
* I guess make it a bit different :-)
hsqldb.noarch: W: spelling-error %description -l en_US servlets -> servants, serviettes, serviette
* no problem
hsqldb.noarch: W: non-standard-group Development/Java
* Applications/Databases I guess?
hsqldb.noarch: W: non-conffile-in-etc /etc/maven/fragments/hsqldb
* no problem
hsqldb.noarch: E: non-readable /var/lib/hsqldb/sqltool.rc 0600L
* I guess this is supposed to be like that to allow only hsqldb user to do things. A bit of verification woul be great though
hsqldb.noarch: W: non-conffile-in-etc /etc/sysconfig/hsqldb
* Make it into %(config)
hsqldb.noarch: W: no-manual-page-for-binary hsqldbRunUtil
* Would be great to have it...
hsqldb.noarch: W: dangerous-command-in-%post rm
hsqldb.noarch: W: dangerous-command-in-%preun rm
* I prefer to have dangling symlinks, but it's up to you
hsqldb.noarch: E: postin-without-chkconfig /etc/rc.d/init.d/hsqldb
hsqldb.noarch: E: preun-without-chkconfig /etc/rc.d/init.d/hsqldb
hsqldb.noarch: W: service-default-enabled /etc/rc.d/init.d/hsqldb
hsqldb.noarch: W: service-default-enabled /etc/rc.d/init.d/hsqldb
hsqldb.noarch: W: no-reload-entry /etc/rc.d/init.d/hsqldb
hsqldb.noarch: E: subsys-not-used /etc/rc.d/init.d/hsqldb

* Whole init system needs looking into. Perhaps even creating systemd units etc.

hsqldb.src: W: strange-permission hsqldb-1.8.0-standard.cfg 0755L
* should probably be 644

hsqldb.src:214: W: macro-in-comment %{_sbindir}
hsqldb.src:214: W: macro-in-comment %{name}
hsqldb.src:215: W: macro-in-comment %{_sbindir}
hsqldb.src:215: W: macro-in-comment %{name}

* remove commented code, we have git history to deal with things like that now :-)
hsqldb.src:47: W: mixed-use-of-spaces-and-tabs (spaces: line 47, tab: line 31)
* choose one and stick with it
hsqldb.src: W: invalid-url Source0: hsqldb_1_8_0_10.zip
* I believe this should be proper URL as is in the comment above Source0
hsqldb-demo.noarch: W: non-standard-group Development/Java
* Documentation ?
hsqldb-demo.noarch: W: no-documentation
* no problem
hsqldb-javadoc.noarch: W: non-standard-group Development/Java
hsqldb-manual.noarch: W: non-standard-group Development/Java
* Documentation
hsqldb-javadoc.noarch: W: wrong-file-end-of-line-encoding /usr/share/javadoc/hsqldb-1.8.0.10/hsqldbstylesheet.css
hsqldb-manual.noarch: W: wrong-file-end-of-line-encoding /usr/share/doc/hsqldb-1.8.0.10/changelist_1_7_2.txt
hsqldb-manual.noarch: W: wrong-file-end-of-line-encoding /usr/share/doc/hsqldb-1.8.0.10/changelog_1_7_1.txt
hsqldb-manual.noarch: W: wrong-file-end-of-line-encoding /usr/share/doc/hsqldb-1.8.0.10/changelist_1_7_3.txt
hsqldb-manual.noarch: W: wrong-file-end-of-line-encoding /usr/share/doc/hsqldb-1.8.0.10/hypersonic_lic.txt
hsqldb-manual.noarch: W: wrong-file-end-of-line-encoding /usr/share/doc/hsqldb-1.8.0.10/changelist_1_8_0.txt
hsqldb-manual.noarch: W: wrong-file-end-of-line-encoding /usr/share/doc/hsqldb-1.8.0.10/readme-docauthors.txt
hsqldb-manual.noarch: W: wrong-file-end-of-line-encoding /usr/share/doc/hsqldb-1.8.0.10/databaseinjar.txt
hsqldb-manual.noarch: W: wrong-file-end-of-line-encoding /usr/share/doc/hsqldb-1.8.0.10/changelog_1_8_0.txt
hsqldb-manual.noarch: W: wrong-file-end-of-line-encoding /usr/share/doc/hsqldb-1.8.0.10/changelog_1_7_2.txt
Should be fixed with sed in prep

5 packages and 0 specfiles checked; 4 errors, 35 warnings.


[x]  Package is named according to the Package Naming Guidelines[1].
[x]  Spec file name must match the base package name, in the format %{name}.spec.
[x]  Package meets the Packaging Guidelines[2].
[x]  Package successfully compiles and builds into binary rpms.
[x]  Buildroot definition is not present
[x]  Package is licensed with an open-source compatible license and meets other legal requirements as defined in the legal section of Packaging Guidelines[3,4].
[x]  License field in the package spec file matches the actual license.
License type: BSD
[x]  If (and only if) the source package includes the text of the license(s) in its own file, then that file, containing the text of the license(s) for the package is included in %doc.
[!]  All independent sub-packages have license of their own
Javadoc subpackage should include license as should manual subpackage.
[x]  Spec file is legible and written in American English.
[x]  Sources used to build the package matches the upstream source, as provided in the spec URL.
MD5SUM this package    : 17410483b5b5f267aa18b7e00b65e6e0
[!]  All build dependencies are listed in BuildRequires, except for any that are listed in the exceptions section of Packaging Guidelines[5].
I see no reason to have coreutils/shadow-utils in Requires. Also if you decide to move symlink generation from post/postun to build phase you can remove Requires(post) on servlet25
[x]  Package must own all directories that it creates.
[x]  Package requires other packages for directories it uses.
[x]  Package does not contain duplicates in %files.
[!]  Permissions on files are set properly.
%attr(0755,hsqldb,hsqldb) %{_localstatedir}/lib/%{name}/data
- this world readable setting seems like a unnecessary security "risk" at first glance.

Some of other custom attrs can be also removed (644 ones).

[!]  Package does NOT have a %clean section which contains rm -rf %{buildroot} (or $RPM_BUILD_ROOT). (not needed anymore)
* can be removed
[!]  Package consistently uses macros (no %{buildroot} and $RPM_BUILD_ROOT mixing)
* please use one or the other (maven metadata has buildroot macro)
[!]  Package contains code, or permissable content.
[!]  Fully versioned dependency in subpackages, if present.
[-]  Package contains a properly installed %{name}.desktop file if it is a GUI application.
[x]  Package does not own files or directories owned by other packages.
[x]  Javadoc documentation files are generated and included in -javadoc subpackage
[!]  Javadocs are placed in %{_javadocdir}/%{name} (no -%{version} symlinks)
[x]  Packages have proper BuildRequires/Requires on jpackage-utils
[!]  Javadoc subpackages have Require: jpackage-utils
Please add it
[!]  Package uses %global not %define
[-]  If package uses tarball from VCS include comment how to re-create that tarball (svn export URL, git clone URL, ...)
[x]  If source tarball includes bundled jar/class files these need to be removed prior to building
"-exec rm -f {} \;" can be replaced with "-delete" though.
[x]  All filenames in rpm packages must be valid UTF-8.
[!]  Jar files are installed to %{_javadir}/%{name}.jar (see [6] for details)
[x]  If package contains pom.xml files install it (including depmaps) even when building with ant
[x]  pom files has correct add_to_maven_depmap call which resolves to the pom file (use "JPP." and "JPP-" correctly)

=== Maven ===
[x]  Use %{_mavenpomdir} macro for placing pom files instead of %{_datadir}/maven2/poms
[-]  If package uses "-Dmaven.test.skip=true" explain why it was needed in a comment
[-]  If package uses custom depmap "-Dmaven2.jpp.depmap.file=*" explain why it's needed in a comment
[x]  Package uses %update_maven_depmap in %post/%postun
[x]  Packages have Requires(post) and Requires(postun) on jpackage-utils (for %update_maven_depmap macro)

=== Other suggestions ===
[x]  If possible use upstream build method (maven/ant/javac)
[x]  Avoid having BuildRequires on exact NVR unless necessary
[x]  Package has BuildArch: noarch (if possible)
[!]  Latest version is packaged.
1.8.1.3 is latest 1.8.x upstream version (there is 2.0 too)
[x]  Reviewer should test that the package builds in mock.
Tested on: fedora-x86_64-rawhide


=== Other Issues ===
1. I don't understand need for manually unzipping in beginning of %prep
2. Patches should have comments about reasons and upstreamability


[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:NamingGuidelines
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:LicensingGuidelines
[4] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main
[5] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Exceptions_2
[6] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Java#Filenames
Comment 3 Alexander Kurtakov 2011-01-24 05:19:52 EST
(In reply to comment #2)

> === REQUIRED ITEMS ===
> [!]  Rpmlint output:
> hsqldb.noarch: W: name-repeated-in-summary C Hsqldb
> * I guess make it a bit different :-)
Fixed.
> hsqldb.noarch: W: spelling-error %description -l en_US servlets -> servants,
> serviettes, serviette
> * no problem
> hsqldb.noarch: W: non-standard-group Development/Java
> * Applications/Databases I guess?
Fixed.
> hsqldb.noarch: W: non-conffile-in-etc /etc/maven/fragments/hsqldb
> * no problem
> hsqldb.noarch: E: non-readable /var/lib/hsqldb/sqltool.rc 0600L
> * I guess this is supposed to be like that to allow only hsqldb user to do
> things. A bit of verification woul be great though
Yep, you're right it's this way to prevent random user reading a password from the file.
> hsqldb.noarch: W: non-conffile-in-etc /etc/sysconfig/hsqldb
> * Make it into %(config)
Fixed.
> hsqldb.noarch: W: no-manual-page-for-binary hsqldbRunUtil
> * Would be great to have it...
> hsqldb.noarch: W: dangerous-command-in-%post rm
> hsqldb.noarch: W: dangerous-command-in-%preun rm
> * I prefer to have dangling symlinks, but it's up to you
Done.
> hsqldb.noarch: E: postin-without-chkconfig /etc/rc.d/init.d/hsqldb
> hsqldb.noarch: E: preun-without-chkconfig /etc/rc.d/init.d/hsqldb
> hsqldb.noarch: W: service-default-enabled /etc/rc.d/init.d/hsqldb
> hsqldb.noarch: W: service-default-enabled /etc/rc.d/init.d/hsqldb
> hsqldb.noarch: W: no-reload-entry /etc/rc.d/init.d/hsqldb
> hsqldb.noarch: E: subsys-not-used /etc/rc.d/init.d/hsqldb
> 
> * Whole init system needs looking into. Perhaps even creating systemd units
> etc.
Fixed as much as my knowledge allows me.
> 
> hsqldb.src: W: strange-permission hsqldb-1.8.0-standard.cfg 0755L
> * should probably be 644
Fixed.
> 
> hsqldb.src:214: W: macro-in-comment %{_sbindir}
> hsqldb.src:214: W: macro-in-comment %{name}
> hsqldb.src:215: W: macro-in-comment %{_sbindir}
> hsqldb.src:215: W: macro-in-comment %{name}
> 
> * remove commented code, we have git history to deal with things like that now
> :-)
Fixed by escaping.
> hsqldb.src:47: W: mixed-use-of-spaces-and-tabs (spaces: line 47, tab: line 31)
> * choose one and stick with it
Fixed.
> hsqldb.src: W: invalid-url Source0: hsqldb_1_8_0_10.zip
> * I believe this should be proper URL as is in the comment above Source0
Fixed.
> hsqldb-demo.noarch: W: non-standard-group Development/Java
> * Documentation ?
Fixed.
> hsqldb-demo.noarch: W: no-documentation
> * no problem
> hsqldb-javadoc.noarch: W: non-standard-group Development/Java
> hsqldb-manual.noarch: W: non-standard-group Development/Java
> * Documentation
Fixed.
> hsqldb-javadoc.noarch: W: wrong-file-end-of-line-encoding
> /usr/share/javadoc/hsqldb-1.8.0.10/hsqldbstylesheet.css
> hsqldb-manual.noarch: W: wrong-file-end-of-line-encoding
> /usr/share/doc/hsqldb-1.8.0.10/changelist_1_7_2.txt
> hsqldb-manual.noarch: W: wrong-file-end-of-line-encoding
> /usr/share/doc/hsqldb-1.8.0.10/changelog_1_7_1.txt
> hsqldb-manual.noarch: W: wrong-file-end-of-line-encoding
> /usr/share/doc/hsqldb-1.8.0.10/changelist_1_7_3.txt
> hsqldb-manual.noarch: W: wrong-file-end-of-line-encoding
> /usr/share/doc/hsqldb-1.8.0.10/hypersonic_lic.txt
> hsqldb-manual.noarch: W: wrong-file-end-of-line-encoding
> /usr/share/doc/hsqldb-1.8.0.10/changelist_1_8_0.txt
> hsqldb-manual.noarch: W: wrong-file-end-of-line-encoding
> /usr/share/doc/hsqldb-1.8.0.10/readme-docauthors.txt
> hsqldb-manual.noarch: W: wrong-file-end-of-line-encoding
> /usr/share/doc/hsqldb-1.8.0.10/databaseinjar.txt
> hsqldb-manual.noarch: W: wrong-file-end-of-line-encoding
> /usr/share/doc/hsqldb-1.8.0.10/changelog_1_8_0.txt
> hsqldb-manual.noarch: W: wrong-file-end-of-line-encoding
> /usr/share/doc/hsqldb-1.8.0.10/changelog_1_7_2.txt
> Should be fixed with sed in prep
Hmm, I don't see thsi with version 1.8.1.
> 
> 5 packages and 0 specfiles checked; 4 errors, 35 warnings.
> 
> 
> [x]  Package is named according to the Package Naming Guidelines[1].
> [x]  Spec file name must match the base package name, in the format
> %{name}.spec.
> [x]  Package meets the Packaging Guidelines[2].
> [x]  Package successfully compiles and builds into binary rpms.
> [x]  Buildroot definition is not present
> [x]  Package is licensed with an open-source compatible license and meets other
> legal requirements as defined in the legal section of Packaging
> Guidelines[3,4].
> [x]  License field in the package spec file matches the actual license.
> License type: BSD
> [x]  If (and only if) the source package includes the text of the license(s) in
> its own file, then that file, containing the text of the license(s) for the
> package is included in %doc.
> [!]  All independent sub-packages have license of their own
Fixed.
> Javadoc subpackage should include license as should manual subpackage.
> [x]  Spec file is legible and written in American English.
> [x]  Sources used to build the package matches the upstream source, as provided
> in the spec URL.
> MD5SUM this package    : 17410483b5b5f267aa18b7e00b65e6e0
> [!]  All build dependencies are listed in BuildRequires, except for any that
> are listed in the exceptions section of Packaging Guidelines[5].
> I see no reason to have coreutils/shadow-utils in Requires. Also if you decide
> to move symlink generation from post/postun to build phase you can remove
> Requires(post) on servlet25
Removed.
> [x]  Package must own all directories that it creates.
> [x]  Package requires other packages for directories it uses.
> [x]  Package does not contain duplicates in %files.
> [!]  Permissions on files are set properly.
> %attr(0755,hsqldb,hsqldb) %{_localstatedir}/lib/%{name}/data
> - this world readable setting seems like a unnecessary security "risk" at first
> glance.
> 
Fixed.
> Some of other custom attrs can be also removed (644 ones).
> 
> [!]  Package does NOT have a %clean section which contains rm -rf %{buildroot}
> (or $RPM_BUILD_ROOT). (not needed anymore)
Fixed.
> * can be removed
> [!]  Package consistently uses macros (no %{buildroot} and $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
> mixing)
Fixed.
> * please use one or the other (maven metadata has buildroot macro)
> [!]  Package contains code, or permissable content.
> [!]  Fully versioned dependency in subpackages, if present.
Are there problems with these 2?
> [-]  Package contains a properly installed %{name}.desktop file if it is a GUI
> application.
> [x]  Package does not own files or directories owned by other packages.
> [x]  Javadoc documentation files are generated and included in -javadoc
> subpackage
> [!]  Javadocs are placed in %{_javadocdir}/%{name} (no -%{version} symlinks)
> [x]  Packages have proper BuildRequires/Requires on jpackage-utils
> [!]  Javadoc subpackages have Require: jpackage-utils
> Please add it
Fixed.
> [!]  Package uses %global not %define
Fixed.
> [-]  If package uses tarball from VCS include comment how to re-create that
> tarball (svn export URL, git clone URL, ...)
> [x]  If source tarball includes bundled jar/class files these need to be
> removed prior to building
> "-exec rm -f {} \;" can be replaced with "-delete" though.
> [x]  All filenames in rpm packages must be valid UTF-8.
> [!]  Jar files are installed to %{_javadir}/%{name}.jar (see [6] for details)
Fixed.
> [x]  If package contains pom.xml files install it (including depmaps) even when
> building with ant
> [x]  pom files has correct add_to_maven_depmap call which resolves to the pom
> file (use "JPP." and "JPP-" correctly)
> 
> === Maven ===
> [x]  Use %{_mavenpomdir} macro for placing pom files instead of
> %{_datadir}/maven2/poms
> [-]  If package uses "-Dmaven.test.skip=true" explain why it was needed in a
> comment
> [-]  If package uses custom depmap "-Dmaven2.jpp.depmap.file=*" explain why
> it's needed in a comment
> [x]  Package uses %update_maven_depmap in %post/%postun
> [x]  Packages have Requires(post) and Requires(postun) on jpackage-utils (for
> %update_maven_depmap macro)
> 
> === Other suggestions ===
> [x]  If possible use upstream build method (maven/ant/javac)
> [x]  Avoid having BuildRequires on exact NVR unless necessary
> [x]  Package has BuildArch: noarch (if possible)
> [!]  Latest version is packaged.
> 1.8.1.3 is latest 1.8.x upstream version (there is 2.0 too)
Updated to 1.8.1.3. Version 2.x are incompatible and this will break LibreOffice/OpenOffice.

> [x]  Reviewer should test that the package builds in mock.
> Tested on: fedora-x86_64-rawhide
> 
> 
> === Other Issues ===
> 1. I don't understand need for manually unzipping in beginning of %prep
> 2. Patches should have comments about reasons and upstreamability
> 
> 
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:NamingGuidelines
> [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines
> [3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:LicensingGuidelines
> [4] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main
> [5] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Exceptions_2
> [6] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Java#Filenames

As this review was pretty bad one :). I'm asking you to do a new review pointing the parts that still need work. I tried to fix everything mentioned but it appears to be too much for me to handle it properly.
Comment 4 Stanislav Ochotnicky 2011-01-24 11:42:01 EST
(In reply to comment #3)
> > [!]  Package contains code, or permissable content.
> > [!]  Fully versioned dependency in subpackages, if present.
> Are there problems with these 2?

No, obviously just a typo on my side, otherwise there would be accompanying text. 

I'll do second round of review in a while.
Comment 5 Stanislav Ochotnicky 2011-01-24 12:17:39 EST
Package Review
==============

Key:
- = N/A
x = Check
! = Problem
? = Not evaluated

=== REQUIRED ITEMS ===
[!]  Rpmlint output:
hsqldb.noarch: W: spelling-error %description -l en_US servlets -> servants, serviettes, serviette
hsqldb.noarch: W: non-conffile-in-etc /etc/maven/fragments/hsqldb
hsqldb.noarch: W: dangling-symlink /var/lib/hsqldb/lib/servlet.jar
/usr/share/java/servlet.jar

This file doesn't seem to be provided by servlet25 package
(tomcat6-servlet-2.5-api in our case). This is mostly likely a bug in
tomcat6 that should be fixed together with providing
java/servlet25.jar so that `build-classpath servlet25` will work.

hsqldb.noarch: E: non-readable /var/lib/hsqldb/sqltool.rc 0600L
hsqldb.noarch: E: non-standard-dir-perm /var/lib/hsqldb/data 0700L
hsqldb.noarch: W: no-manual-page-for-binary hsqldbRunUtil
No problem, explained before

hsqldb.noarch: E: subsys-not-used /etc/rc.d/init.d/hsqldb

This seems to suggest that you should use /var/lock/subsys/ directory
for creating and managing lock file. Hsqldb init script seems to
contain PIDFILE definitions..maybe changing that would fix the rpmlint
warnings? FYI, I don't know of any rule against using upstream init
script as long as it works, and I am guessing you have better things
to do than to solve non-existent bugs :-)

hsqldb.src: W: spelling-error %description -l en_US servlets -> servants, serviettes, serviette
hsqldb.src: W: strange-permission hsqldb-1.8.0-standard.cfg 0755L

655?


[x]  Package is named according to the Package Naming Guidelines[1].
[x]  Spec file name must match the base package name, in the format %{name}.spec.
[x]  Package meets the Packaging Guidelines[2].
[x]  Package successfully compiles and builds into binary rpms.
[x]  Buildroot definition is not present
[x]  Package is licensed with an open-source compatible license and meets other legal requirements as defined in the legal section of Packaging Guidelines[3,4].
[x]  License field in the package spec file matches the actual license.
License type: BSD
[x]  If (and only if) the source package includes the text of the license(s) in its own file, then that file, containing the text of the license(s) for the package is included in %doc.
[x]  All independent sub-packages have license of their own

-demo sub-package requires main package but still has license (no need to)

[x]  Spec file is legible and written in American English.
[x]  Sources used to build the package matches the upstream source, as provided in the spec URL.
MD5SUM this package    : e0d6144108fc05e355bb19684ac4c83a
MD5SUM upstream package: e0d6144108fc05e355bb19684ac4c83a
[x]  All build dependencies are listed in BuildRequires, except for any that are listed in the exceptions section of Packaging Guidelines[5].
[x]  Package must own all directories that it creates.
[x]  Package requires other packages for directories it uses.
[x]  Package does not contain duplicates in %files.
[x]  Permissions on files are set properly.
[x]  Package does NOT have a %clean section which contains rm -rf %{buildroot} (or $RPM_BUILD_ROOT). (not needed anymore)
[x]  Package consistently uses macros (no %{buildroot} and $RPM_BUILD_ROOT mixing)
[x]  Package contains code, or permissable content.
[x]  Fully versioned dependency in subpackages, if present.
[-]  Package contains a properly installed %{name}.desktop file if it is a GUI application.
[x]  Package does not own files or directories owned by other packages.
[x]  Javadoc documentation files are generated and included in -javadoc subpackage
[x]  Javadocs are placed in %{_javadocdir}/%{name} (no -%{version} symlinks)
[x]  Packages have proper BuildRequires/Requires on jpackage-utils
[!]  Javadoc subpackages have Require: jpackage-utils

This is missing

[x]  Package uses %global not %define
[-]  If package uses tarball from VCS include comment how to re-create that tarball (svn export URL, git clone URL, ...)
[x]  If source tarball includes bundled jar/class files these need to be removed prior to building
[x]  All filenames in rpm packages must be valid UTF-8.
[x]  Jar files are installed to %{_javadir}/%{name}.jar (see [6] for details)
[x]  If package contains pom.xml files install it (including depmaps) even when building with ant
[x]  pom files has correct add_to_maven_depmap call which resolves to the pom file (use "JPP." and "JPP-" correctly)

=== Maven ===
[x]  Use %{_mavenpomdir} macro for placing pom files instead of %{_datadir}/maven2/poms
[-]  If package uses "-Dmaven.test.skip=true" explain why it was needed in a comment
[-]  If package uses custom depmap "-Dmaven2.jpp.depmap.file=*" explain why it's needed in a comment
[x]  Package uses %update_maven_depmap in %post/%postun
[x]  Packages have Requires(post) and Requires(postun) on jpackage-utils (for %update_maven_depmap macro)

=== Other suggestions ===
[x]  If possible use upstream build method (maven/ant/javac)
[x]  Avoid having BuildRequires on exact NVR unless necessary
[x]  Package has BuildArch: noarch (if possible)
[x]  Latest version is packaged.
[x]  Reviewer should test that the package builds in mock.
Tested on: rawhide-x86_64


=== Issues ===

1. re-create init file from scratch? (no use probably, just make sure
it works => start/stop actually works correctly)
2. license in demo subpackage
3. jpackage-utils requires in javadoc subpackage
4. permissions of config file inside srpm
5. now the javadoc subpackage doesn't have -version but there is no
%pre script that will make sure update will work (symlink->dir change).
6. servlet symlink
Comment 6 Alexander Kurtakov 2011-01-25 05:04:17 EST
(In reply to comment #5)
> === Issues ===
> 
> 1. re-create init file from scratch? (no use probably, just make sure
> it works => start/stop actually works correctly
start/stop/restart works correctly. I don't plan anymore work.

> 2. license in demo subpackage
Fixed.
> 3. jpackage-utils requires in javadoc subpackage
Fixed.
> 4. permissions of config file inside srpm
Fixed
> 5. now the javadoc subpackage doesn't have -version but there is no
> %pre script that will make sure update will work (symlink->dir change).
Fixed.
> 6. servlet symlink
It's handled by alternatives and we require a package that provides it so I don't see a problem here.

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=215499
Comment 7 Stanislav Ochotnicky 2011-01-25 08:33:02 EST
All good or explained. Since this is merge review I am closing this bug.
Comment 8 Parag AN(पराग) 2012-06-15 12:48:40 EDT
This bug just popped out when I searched for packages under review but this looks completed without setting fedora-review+

Setting the flag therefore.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.