Fedora Merge Review: libxslt
Initial Owner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Created attachment 452672 [details]
Please commit this git patch to clean this package as per packaging guidelines or allow to commit it.
Following are the changes proposed in above patch
1) Generally we used to have dependent packages already built in repo so I
guess no need of versioned BuildRequires: and also Requires:
If this package needs versioned BR: and R: then please add comment in spec file
2) Guidelines suggests to keep timestamps of upstream installed files. So
make install DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT INSTALL="install -p"
3) Guidelines suggests package built above F-13 do not need %clean
4) Guidelines recommends defattr usage as
%defattr(-, root, root,-)
5) rpmlint warned about non-utf8 file message so used http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging_tricks#Convert_encoding_to_UTF-8
6) Used current macros defined -> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:RPMMacros
7) tried to clean this spec as per /etc/rpmdevtools/spectemplate-lib.spec
8) we don't want to provide private python extension libs
committed patch but removed filtering. As per guildelines, this is arch package and installs binary in /usr/bin and also have libs.
Committed the above patch and built in libxslt-1.1.26-4.fc15
Created attachment 455147 [details]
More careful approach to charset conversion
tutorial2/libxslt_pipes.xml is explicitly iso-8859-2 encoded and shouldn't have been converted to UTF-8 using iconv.
Attached patch does the conversion of the other docs without iconv and is a more surgical approach.
Can you help me to get above patch updated for 1.1.26 release? this upstream release has been already available in all fedora branches.
So, we need not use iconv for xml files. Can we also need to convert NEWS to utf8?
The patch applies cleanly against 1.1.26 and handles NEWS already.
Sorry and thanks. Patch is working fine. Actually I got some encoding issues on my machine that is why patch was not working.
Built in libxslt-1.1.26-5.fc15