Fedora Merge Review: struts
Initial Owner: email@example.com
It looks like this package hasn't seen any updates even though the 1.3 series went stable well over a year ago; is it used any more?
The most important issues with this package follow. I will also attach a full review.
- rpmlint output not covered in the rest of the review
Documentation packages should have group "Documentation", not "Development/Documentation"
Why do you clean out the buildroot in %prep?
- License files installed when any subpackage combination is installed
The javadoc packages don't pull in anything that contains LICENSE.txt. I know, it's silly. Sorry.
- Sources match upstream unless altered to fix permissibility issues
Though the tarball has been altered for redistribution, the spec file need to contain instructions for building such a tarball from upstream's.
- File permissions are sane
Should this one be 0755?
- Scriptlets are sane
The old javadoc %post/%ghost procedure is now prohibited by both JPackage the Java guidelines.
- Config files marked with %config
These should be %config(noreplace), right?
- %global instead of %define where appropriate
Everywhere %define appears at the top should have %global instead.
- Patches link to upstream bugs/comments/lists or are otherwise justified
Please add some commentary about what the patches fix.
- javadoc subpackage is noarch on > EL5
Since you aren't building for EPEL you should make all the javadoc subpackages noarch.
- BuildRequires java-devel, jpackage-utils
BuildRequires: java-devel missing
- Requires java >= $version, jpackage-utils
BuildRequires: java missing
BuildRequires: jpackage-utils missing
These are part of the minimum required by the Java guidelines.
- No class-path elements in JAR manifests
The Java guidelines recommend using sed to remove classpath elements prior to JAR creation.
I hope that helps!
Created attachment 461224 [details]
Review for devel package struts-1.2.9-7.12.fc15
The package is orphaned so if you care about it you should take it and start maintaining it.
I have no particular interest in this package. If and when it is retired this merge review can be closed.
Struts has been deprecated so if it ever goes back in it will need a full review to happen thus closing this one.