Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 226500
Merge Review: totem
Last modified: 2010-11-11 01:45:44 EST
Fedora Merge Review: totem
Initial Owner: email@example.com
New Initial Owner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Created attachment 449858 [details]
Please review the changes, commit this or allow to commit and build this package.
Following are the changes proposed in above patch
1) Generally we used to have dependent packages already built in repo so I guess no need of versioned BuildRequires: and also Requires:
If this package needs versioned BR: and R: then please add comment in spec file
2) Guidelines shows no need to use versioned scriptlet Requires: needed. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ScriptletSnippets#GConf
3)Guidelines shows no need of following in spec now as per https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#desktop-file-install_usage
4) Removal of Obsoletes and Provides is recommended after 2 releases
5) Guidelines suggests to keep timestamps of upstream installed files. So please use
make install DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT INSTALL="install -p"
6) Guidelines suggests package built above F-13 do not need %clean
7) Updated scriptlets used as per guidelines suggested
says "In all current Fedora, rarian has replaced scrollkeeper. There is no scriptlet needed for rarian"
8) Guidelines recommends defattr usage as
%defattr(-, root, root,-)
To avoid delays in completing this merge-review process, If I will not get any reply by next Monday, I will commit this patch and build new package in rawhide.
Will build this tommorrow
Strange patch applied successfully but got build error.
deps are really broken in rawhide now. looks some success can be done with 2.32 totem tarball.
Nice to see totem build.