Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 226917
get latest release (1.18 2007-06-29) ONLY GPLv3 !!
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:56 EST
1.16.1 is latest release.
yeah, I know 1.15-1 is old.
I work on 1.16-1 upgrade.
(it needs some spec file fixes like autoreconf in prep stage)
But we need to make sure 1.16-1 works with anaconda. And I got this response
from anaconda maintainer(email@example.com)
"I seet a potential problem: there are no entries for directories in
the generated archive, so anyone attempting to restore will have to
reset permissions and ownership by hand. This is bad. . ."
there is a upgrade candidate, which fix the problem in comment #1.
changelog tar-1.17 2007-06-08:
* Fix archivation of sparse files in posix mode. Previous versions padded
sparse members with spurious zero blocks.
* Fix operation of --verify --listed-incremental. Version 1.16.1 produced a
full dump when both options were given.
* Fix --occurence. In previous versions it continued scanning the archive
even though all requested members has already been extracted.
* Scope of --transform and --strip-components options.
In addition to affecting regular archive members, the --transform option
affects hard and symbolic link targets and the --strip-components option affects
hard link targets as well.
* End-of-volume script can send the new volume name to tar by writing it to
the file descriptor stored in the environment variable TAR_FD (instead of
hard-coded descriptor number used in previous versions).
version 1.18 - Sergey Poznyakoff, 2007-06-29
* Licensed under the GPLv3
* Fixed several bugs in the testsuite
1.17 now built in devel
I hope it won't break other packages. Issue from comment #1 seems to be resolved
and I also created patch for wildcards bug #206841.
In 1.18, there really are no significant changes, just the GPLv3 thing.