Description of problem:
nxclient is a proprietary remote desktop client (from Nomachine). When running
on a Xen kernel, after nxclient opens its main window to resume a session (after
saying "Establishing X connection") the Radeon X server often freezes for a long
time (some minutes), and does not respond to CTRL+ALT+F1.
When running without Xen, I don't have this problem.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start the dom0 and a domU
2. In the dom0, install and run nxclient
3. in the domU, install freenx and ensure sshd is running
4. Log in to the domU using nxclient
5. When login is complete, close the nxclient main window
6. Choose "Suspend" from the dialog box that pops up
7. Rerun nxclient and login again
After the nxclient main window appears with the big logo in it, the X server
freezes up for a long time (some minutes)
Moving to 'devel' as discussed on
I can reproduce this (on F7T3) with an open source fork of nxclient, version 1.5
of "2xterminalserverclient" (see
http://code.2x.com/linuxterminalserver/wiki/NxInstall ) so we now have a 100%
open source test case to play with.
Also, it doesn't matter whether the session to be resumed is running on dom0 or
After upgrading both my machines, I don't see this bug any more.