Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 230081
libunwind missing on i386
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:07:42 EST
The libunwind rpm is missing from i386.
Testing release has been committed to RawHide.
No GDB or LIBUNWIND regressions were found against 0.98.5-3.
* Thu Apr 5 2007 Jan Kratochvil <firstname.lastname@example.org> -
- Update to the upstream snapshot snap-070224.
- Use the Frysk's modified version, currently snapshot 20070405cvs.
- Extend the supported architectures from ia64 also to x86_64, i386 and ppc64.
- Spec file fixups.
- Split the package to its base and the `devel' part.
- Drop the statically built libraries.
Can the changes be pushed into the official repo?
qa_ack: A testsuite is provided in the %check rpm section. Regressions cannot
exist for i386 as this architecture was not present for libunwind in RHEL5.0.
ia64 regression analysis for upgrade of the package for the extended x86_64 +
i386 architecture set:
ia64: 0.98.5-3 -> 0.99-0.2.frysk20070405cvs
Gtest-resume-sig + Ltest-resume-sig : PASS -> FAIL
- False regression, it was failing even in 0.98-5 but the test had false
positive. In fact the functionality does not work in both ia64 versions.
Gia64-test-readonly + Lia64-test-readonly: FAIL -> PASS
ia64-test-setjmp : FAIL -> PASS
This request was evaluated by Red Hat Product Management for
inclusion in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux release. Since this
bugzilla is in a component that is not approved for the current
release, it has been closed with resolution deferred. You may
reopen this bugzilla for consideration in the next release.