Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 230329
Gnucash fails to start (wrong scheme modules paths + names).
Last modified: 2014-03-16 23:05:48 EDT
Description of problem:
Trying to run the latest gnucash aborts with an error message.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Simply run this gnucash version.
Gnucash aborts with the following error message:
ERROR: Could not find slib/require.scm in ("/usr/share/guile/site"
"/usr/share/gnucash/guile-modules" "/usr/share/gnucash/scm" ""
"/usr/share/guile/site" "/usr/share/guile/1.8" "/usr/share/guile")
I located the missing file in /usr/share/slib which is part
of the installed package: slib-3a3-2
After looking in the /usr/bin/gnucash startup script I tried
the following workaround:
env GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/usr/share gnucash
And gnucash aborted again with the following error message:
ERROR: In procedure open-file:
ERROR: No such file or directory: "/usr/share/slib/mklibcat"
Found the culprit and fixed it:
- Had another host with a working gnucash.
- strace -fe open -o out.txt /usr/bin/gnucash
- Found /usr/share/guile/site/slib/require.scm
- /usr/share/guile/site/slib is a symlink to /usr/share/slib
- The link was missing on the faulty host
- rpmverify gnucash guile slib got clean on both hosts.
- rpmquery -f /usr/share/guile/site/* on the good
host shows no package owns it.
- rpmquery --scripts on the suspected packages shows nothing relevant.
- Hmmm..... maybe another package is involved? which?
- Arrrggg... those triggers.
- rpmquery --triggers guile
- Manually run these commands on the faulty host.
- All is in order.