Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 230837
Devhelp spits - memory corruption due to late invocation of g_thread_init()...
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:58 EST
Description of problem:
Devhelp spits a MEMORY-WARNING when invoked from gedit plugin
***MEMORY-WARNING***: devhelp: GSlice: g_thread_init() must be called
before all other GLib functions; memory corruption due to late invocation of
g_thread_init() has been detected; this program is likely to crash, leak or
unexpectedly abort soon...
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Everytime F7 is pressed from Gedit after enabling the devhelp plugin
Steps to reproduce
1) Run gedit (gedit-2.17.4-1.fc7) from command line
2) Enable Devhelp plugin from the preferences
3) Write any small C program
4) Highlight "main" & press F7 to invoke devhelp
5) Check the MEMORY-WARNING on the gnome-terminal
Should probably tackle this for F7...
Backported upstream fix to devhelp-0.13-7.fc7.