Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 231278
[Openoffice] [Cursoring] - Cursor navigation wrong, placing middle of the Composed char
Last modified: 2007-11-16 20:14:55 EST
Description of problem:
Cursor is placing at the middle of the char which is wrong.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login in EL4 AS with hi_IN language support
2. Open oowriter
3. Press CTRL+SPACE to enable iiimf, select 'Hi'
4. Select 'inscript' keyboard layout by pressing F6.
5. Type key sequence : - bfmdbbd/ehr
6. Press left-arrow-key 2 times.
7. The cursor will be found at the middle of the composed char
Cursor showing at the middle of the composed char
Cursor should alswys place either left or right hand side of the composed char
or any char.
1. Wrong nevigation Image attached.
2. Bug filed for RHEL5 and resolved. Bug number : Bug #213648
Created attachment 149447 [details]
wrong cursor nevigation image
Is there any merit to backporting such things to RHEL-4 ? Improved CTL support
was a particular RHEL-5 goal, I'm not sure it will work out to individually
backport particular parts back to RHEL-4 without getting into a muddle with
needing to also backport the changes to the fonts, and icu upgrade and then the
various other fixes.
I dont think so. This should be consider as 'for the record' purpose. I would
recommend CLOSED as WONTFIX.
Development Management has reviewed and declined this request. You may appeal
this decision by reopening this request.