Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 231292
'Inactive Servers WILL BE DELETED' email has pxt links
Last modified: 2007-05-16 22:20:54 EDT
Description of problem:
The links still seem to work in prod right now (416 in prod) but:
Are currently sent out in the 'activate servers will be deleted' email. These
links should be:
For now, they seem to work althoug the inactive system list is a little funky
(it appears as if it's part of your rhn instead of systems.) While the
forgot_password.pxt page loads, I don't know if it's resetting passwords
I'm attaching the full text of the message I received from RHN.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Created attachment 149457 [details]
full email text
I'm pretty sure we stopped running the actual deletion script. One would think
we'd either stop this mailing, or start the deletions and fix this script.
Mike, can you track this down w/ soc?
Updated the mail template (501 hosted, rev 113846). There is still an ongoing
discussion with prod ops, but the fix was easy enough that it is better to just
have it in place.
1. Stop sendmail,
2. /usr/bin/fakemail.py --port=25 --log=/var/log/rhn/notify_server.log
3. set notify_servers to 1 in /etc/rhn/default/rhn_tools.conf
4. Run notify_server --verbose (from /etc/cron.daily/notify_server),
5. grep for an email address in /var/spool/clientmqueue
6. find a line that starts with E-Mail:
6. look in the file containing that line, and observe that the links are fixed.
Verified that nothing with 'pxt' appears in the generated emails.
Should be on Stage - not possible for QA to verify, however.
Closed for RHN 501 Hosted.