Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 232752
Review Request: g3data - Program for extracting the data from scanned graphs
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:59 EST
g3data is used for extracting data from graphs. In publications
graphs often are included, but the actual data is missing, g3data
makes this extracting process much easier.
You don't have permission to access /Fedora SRPMS/g3data/g3data.spec on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an
ErrorDocument to handle the request.
sorry, permissions are fixed now.
I also realized that i still need to add a desktop file to this spec.
I'll get that done today, and write a comment with the update is ready.
Updated srpm and spec
Added desktop entry and new menu icon with permission of the upstream author.
Just received a 404 from the advertised URL. The new one seems to be:
yeah I should have caught that, the upstream author notifed me of the new 1.5.1
release and I should have noticed the url change. I've been sitting on a package
for submission from 1.5.0 for awhile. I'll fix it in the sprm update.
I'll update the specfile now, but I'm going to wait at least a day before I spin
another srpm, just in case there are a couple of other issues i have to fix. I
already know I need to make a minor adjustment to the pixmap location as well.
is now updated to include the correct upstream urls.
After a quick glance and mock build:
- %buildroot/$BUILDROOT are both used (see the make line)
- RPM_OPT_FLAGS is not used. quote from build log:
gcc -c -Wall `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0` main.c
gcc -c -Wall `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0` sort.c
gcc -c -Wall `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0` points.c
gcc -c -Wall `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0` drawing.c
- there are duplicate BuildRequires: pkgconfig (by gtk2-devel), perl-SGMLSpm (by
Okay take a look at
i fixed the makefile so that its no longer stripped the binary
and its now using the RPM_OPT_FLAGS settings
cleaned up the spec to use %buildroot consistently
removed the duplicate buildrequires you indicated
fixed the permissions on the manpage as reported by rpmlint
rpmlint now runs clean for for my mock builds.
- no output from rpmlint checks (on source or binary)
- package meets naming guidelines
- package meets packaging guidelines
- license (GPL ) OK, text in %doc, matches source
- spec file legible, in am. english
- source matches upstream, is latest available version, sha1sum
- package compiles on devel (x86_64)
- no missing BR
- no unnecessary BR
- no locales
- not relocatable
- no libtool/pkconfig/static files
owns all directories that it creates
- no duplicate files
- permissions ok
- %clean ok
- macro use consistent
- code, not content
- no need for -docs
- nothing in %doc affects runtime
- program is a GUI, properly installs a .desktop file
- compiles and build happily in mock /FC6 and devel/X86_64
- works as advertised
I see no blockers so package is APPROVED
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: g3data
Short Description: Program for extracting the data from scanned graphs
Branches: devel FC-6