Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 233852
attach will start to hang on SIGSTOPped processes
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:00 EST
+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #189607 +++
After a fix of `Bug 232837: utrace: PTRACE_ATTACH of SIGSTOPped process hangs'
to update the ptrace(2) syscall behavior back to the kernel.org one GDB will
start to hang during attaching to a SIGSTOPped process. A prophecy of mine.
sleep 1h &
kill -STOP $pid
gdb sleep $pid
Committed to RawHide CVS:
* Wed Jun 20 2007 Jan Kratochvil <email@example.com> - 6.6-16
- Fix attaching a stopped process on expected + upstream kernels (BZ 233852).
- Fix attaching during a pending signal being delivered.
Posted an update upstream:
Updated patch committed as:
* Sun Sep 16 2007 Jan Kratochvil <firstname.lastname@example.org> - 6.6-27
- Fix attaching to stopped processes and/or pending signals.