Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 233933
pam-panel-icon doesn't insert itself into panel
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:00 EST
Description of problem:
When pam-panel-icon is running, it creates a very small, but resizible, regular
window on the current desktop. The shield icon appears in that window.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. start gnome terminal (it makes pam-panel-icon start )
Small regular window on desktop. The shield icon in the window.
No extra windows on desktop. The shield icon in panel.
Probably, related to
This window shows up in the windows list. It cannot be closed. If pam-panel-icon
is killed, the window re-appears again, after pam-panel-icon restarts.
Thanks for your report. Unfortunately I can't reproduce the behavior.
* What desktop environment are you using?
* If GNOME, do you have a "notification area" applet on your panel?
* Do other applications that use notification icons (e.g. gaim, rhytmbox,
gnome-power-manager) embed them into the panel correctly?
* Is a pam-panel-icon process running before you start gnome-terminal?
Created attachment 150902 [details]
ps ax output
* Yes (set ps ax output)
* No. I tried gaim. So it is, probably, a notification area problem
do you have a notification area on your panel?
My bad. I thought that if notification-area-applet is running, it is inserted.
Apparently, it is two different things. I have to apologize for the false alert.