Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 234485
LSPP: when searching for larval SAs check the protocol too
Last modified: 2010-10-22 10:06:47 EDT
Description of problem:
Before inserting a new SA into the kernel, a check is made for any
corresponding larval SAs, so they can be removed. A check to ensure
that the policy matches will ensure we are pulling up the correct
A patch had been created and included in upstream kernel.
Author: Joy Latten <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Mon Mar 12 17:14:07 2007 -0700
[XFRM]: Fix missing protocol comparison of larval SAs.
I noticed that in xfrm_state_add we look for the larval SA in a few
places without checking for protocol match. So when using both
AH and ESP, whichever one gets added first, deletes the larval SA.
It seems AH always gets added first and ESP is always the larval
SA's protocol since the xfrm->tmpl has it first. Thus causing the
Adding the check eliminates accidental double SA creation.
Signed-off-by: Joy Latten <email@example.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This commit depends on a couple of others that don't seem to be in the RHEL5 kernel.
Created attachment 151279 [details]
RHEL 5 version of this patch
Here is a RHEL5 version of this patch. RHEL5 doesn't implement the
__find_acq_core that is upstream, instead we have seperate functions for xfrm4
and xfrm6. As it turns out RHEL5 actually checks proto in those 2 fucntion and
the check for proto upstream was dropped when they switched to the unified
__find_acq_core. So this patch only fixes the other place we forgot to check
proto. Has been in the LSPP kernel for weeks and seems to be working fine for
I ran a 15 hour stress test for labeled ipsec over ipv4 in lspp 70 kernel and
saw no problems.
Joy has tested this and it is accepted into upstream kernel.
You can download this test kernel from http://people.redhat.com/dzickus/el5
A fix for this issue should have been included in the packages contained in the
RHEL5.1-Snapshot3 on partners.redhat.com.
Requested action: Please verify that your issue is fixed as soon as possible to
ensure that it is included in this update release.
After you (Red Hat Partner) have verified that this issue has been addressed,
please perform the following:
1) Change the *status* of this bug to VERIFIED.
2) Add *keyword* of PartnerVerified (leaving the existing keywords unmodified)
If this issue is not fixed, please add a comment describing the most recent
symptoms of the problem you are having and change the status of the bug to FAILS_QA.
More assistance: If you cannot access bugzilla, please reply with a message to
Issue Tracker and I will change the status for you. If you need assistance
accessing ftp://partners.redhat.com, please contact your Partner Manager.
Verified that this is fixed.
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on the solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.