Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 234540
embed an oo.o-draw (v2.0) object in an impress (v1.0) presentation = chaos
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:00 EST
Description of problem:
oo.o v2.0 doesn't behave as expected when editing a v1.0 document.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. open an oo.o 1.0 presentation with oo.o 2.0
2. create a new slide with an object
3. double click to add the object and create an openoffice.org 2.0 drawing
4. use the flowchart images, connectors to create a diagram
5. label the flowchart shapes with some text
6. save the presentation and close it
7. reopen the presentation
flowchart images appear to be OK, but all of the connectors and text are
Everything works as expected if you open the v1.0 presentation and
save it as an odp document *before* you add the drawings.
I think this is a problem with embedding a v2.0 drawing in a v1.0 presentation.
When you "double click to add an object" you are only presented with 2.0
options, even though you are editing an v1.0 presentation.
reproducable, still affects the current 2.2.0 release of OOo as well. Moving
upstream to get input from the draw/impress developers.