The default settings in
make Control+Shift+T act like a Multi_key. This is really not needed since
you can use only
the Multy_key bindings and actually assign any key you want to Multi_key.
this problem while playing with my Emacs configuration, and discussed it
developers. It seems like this problem originates in X itself since I saw
the same problem with
the default files on Solaris. (I also mailed the XFree86 list but got no
response so far).
I really do not know much about that stuff. Can you suggest a proper
fix, and perhaps attach a patch file, or something and I can run it
by some other developers and possibly include it in a future release?
I've looked in to this and I now know the file layouts partially,
but am still not completely certain what if anything to change as i do
not use any of this stuff at all and I don't want to break it.
Tis a side effect of being unilingual and using the default en_US layouts
with no special needs. ;o) I will try to dig into this, but please try
to explain the problem a little more detailed to me.
Well, I also use just the standard isso8859-1 - which is what originated the
The thing is that this file has definitions for key combinations to get all
kinds of accented
characters etc. Actually, it has three parts - one with Multi_key, a quick
thing with dead_acute
and the last part is almost an exact copy of the Multi_key thing with Ctrl<T>
Now this thing makes it possible to get accented keys with C-S-t, which is bogus
since you have bindings for Multi_key anyway - so if you realy want to use
C-S-t, you can use your .xmodmap
or whatever to modify it so it produces a Multi_key, and this will be an
So what I suggest is just killing the whole Ctrl<T> section, I don't expect
anyone to really use it.
One reason I can say that last sentence is that from digging around I learned
that once the French
Compose file had the same binding for C-S-t, but it was removed. Funny that
only the English
one is the one left with this junk...
Ok, I think I get the idea now. I will see what i can squeeze it into
my next build.
Ok, I've added it to 4.0.3-11