Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 235209
Remove the rhnLocation and rhnPackageLocation tables
Last modified: 2013-01-10 04:52:24 EST
These two tables (and their associated grants and synonyms) are empty and
unused; they should be removed.
There are two parts to testing:
- Look in the db and ensure that these tables are gone.
- Make sure that the code which used these tables still works
* The key parts to this are downloading rpms, so for best coverage:
+ register a rhel 4 system, install rpms with up2date
+ register a rhel 5 system, install rpms with yum
There are references to both rhnLocation and rhnPackageLocation in the java code
base. ChannelManager.listDownloadImages calls a query that references
rhnLocation. rhnPackageLocation is referenced in Package_queries.xml, but it
looks like it may be dead code.
On the perl side, looks like rhnLocation is referenced in
web/modules/rhn/RHN/DB/DataSource/xml/Channel_queries.xml. Not sure though if
and where it is used.
All of it was dead code. awesome.
Neither rhnLocation nor rhnPackageLocation exist in the rhn database schemas in
I was able to install rpms on a rhel 5 system using yum.
I was able to install rpms on a rhel 4 system using up2date.
Grepping through the code base....
* Did not find any references to rhnLocation or rhnPackageLocation in the java tree.
* I found a few references in the schema tree. Just looks like table, synonym,
and grant declarations. They should not cause any problems, but we probably
ought to remove them from the source tree.
* Did not find any references to rhnLocation or rhnPackageLocation in the web tree.
Verified in stage.