Description of problem:
libX11-1.0.3-7 breaks Opera web browser. I got some segmentation fault. I
downgraded to libX11-1.0.3-6 and it now works fine.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. What ever it takes to make Opera web browser works fine
Segmentation fault of Opera web browser
Opera should work fine.
Thanks for the bug report. We have reviewed the information you have provided
above, and there is some additional information we require that will be helpful
in our diagnosis of this issue.
Please attach your X server config file (/etc/X11/xorg.conf) and X server log
file (/var/log/Xorg.*.log) to the bug report as individual uncompressed file
attachments using the bugzilla file attachment link below.
Could you please also try to run without any /etc/X11/xorg.conf whatsoever and
let X11 autodetect your display and video card? Attach to this bug
/var/log/Xorg.0.log from this attempt as well, please.
We will review this issue again once you've had a chance to attach this information.
Thanks in advance.
Created attachment 152308 [details]
Created attachment 152309 [details]
Well, I don't have problems with X, I have problems only with Opera web
browser. I got no output from Opera web browser, except Segmentation Fault.
Here's the files you've requested... I'll do that without xorg.conf later.
Created attachment 152433 [details]
xorg log file
Hm... I removed xorg.conf, but the new one wasn't generated. I sent you a new
log file I've got. BTW I noticed the same problem on Fedora Rawhide (libX11-
1.0.3- 8.fc7.i386) and Opera 9.10 (last stable version). But, Opera 9.20beta
works fine, but I'd radher use last stable version.
Hm... it seems that Opera 9.20 becomes stable and now it works fine. I'm sorry,
I'm not sure if I should have reported that bug :-/
OK, so let's close it for now, because
a) it seems to work for you,
b) the problem is apparently in Opera, which is unsupported by RedHat (it
doesn't mean, that we don't like it, it is just no part of any distribution we
If you find that it actually is Xorg problem, please, feel free to reopen this
bug and add any additionial information you will have.