Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 236310
pdftk contains Sun confidential code from itext
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:02 EST
Description of problem:
The following files in the pdftk tarball:
(which originate in itext) contain code with the following copyright header:
* Copyright 1998 by Sun Microsystems, Inc.,
* 901 San Antonio Road, Palo Alto, California, 94303, U.S.A.
* All rights reserved.
* This software is the confidential and proprietary information
* of Sun Microsystems, Inc. ("Confidential Information"). You
* shall not disclose such Confidential Information and shall use
* it only in accordance with the terms of the license agreement
* you entered into with Sun.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
See also Bug 236309 against itext.
Correction: The files are all in the java_libs subdirectory, i.e.:
Have notified upstream about this problem.
The iText package of Fedora contains the same files.
I know, see Bug 236309. :-)
Package will going into the EOL process, becouse iText was remove caused by
licensing issues and pdftk contains a bundled copy of iText.