Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 23746
backspace and delete key do not work
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:30:38 EDT
Please note that the backspace and delete key do not work in X windows.
They work fine at a virtual console. This behavior is present in all
applications and terminal emulators.
Joseph Kotran Lead Systems Administrator
Lockheed Martin E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advanced Technology Laboratories Phone: 856.338.4327
1 Federal St A&E 312 Fax: 856.338.4121
Camden NJ USA 08102 Web: http://www.atl.lmco.com
If it doesn't work in ALL applications and terminal emulators (xterm, rxvt,
konsole, ...) then why you assign this bug to rxvt?
Sorry, but I didn't know which component to register the bug with. I thought
that perhaps it is an X bug. However, I didn't notice an XFree component.
P.S. I do confirm that the behavior occurs in all X programs.
Have you confirmed the behavior that I documented? If so, what is the current
status of my bug report? This report has not been updated for several days.
Backspace and delete work in all applications that I use on a daily basis,
and any I've tested in the past. This is in both GNOME and KDE - using the
en_US locale. What locale are you using?
If you are having a problem with all applications it almost certainly must be a
configuration problem on your end otherwise I would be flooded with bug
reports about this from every user out there. If it is not that, then I would
need a great level more detail about your system, what is installed, what
exactly you are doing, and complete steps to be able to reproduce this.
There are some isolated bug reports with BS/DEL not working properly, but it
is with specific apps like xterm, etc. and is in special circumstances usually.
Provide me with the information to reproduce this, and I may be able to help.
The problem that I reported was with 7.1 beta RC 1. It was fixed in a later
beta release. This problem is not present in 7.1 gold.
Ok great, thanks. It must not have been an X problem then because I never
fixed anything like that. Must have been termcap/terminfo or something
else.. Glad it is fixed though.
Thanks again for the update.