Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 238291
DadWifi Atheros Wireless (ath_pci) doesn't work
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:03 EST
Description of problem:
Since FC7 includes the new devicescape wireless stack, Networkmanager should
at least work with the Atheros Dadwifi drivers. Currently Networkmanager does
not even detect the ath_pci wlan0 driver and does not show any wireless
Connecting with FC7 test4 by hand does work though.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Download dadwifi-openhal branch:
2. Build & install
3. modprobe ath_pci
4. run "iwconfig wlan0 channel 1" (else it won't work, bug in
5. modify the wpa_supplicant config file the standard way.
6. run wpa_supplicant with the "wext"
driver: "wpa_supplicant -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -Dwext -iwlan0"
This isn't different to other wifi drivers (beside no. 4) and as such it
should work with NetworkManager as well...
Atheros dadwifi-openhal should work.
works now for me with latest updates:
- FC7 kernel 2.6.21-1.3149.fc7
- dadwifi-openhal branch with at least revision 2345
- latest FC7 networkmanager updates.