Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 238292
prism54 (softmac) wifi driver not supported by Networkmanager
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:03 EST
Description of problem:
prism54 (softmac) wifi card is not detected/supported by Networkmanager.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. FC7 test4 includes the prism54_pci (softmac) wireless driver by default.
2. FC7 test4 does not have the needed firmware. (Download file
http://prism54.org/firmware/18.104.22.168.arm and save as /lib/firmware/isl3886.
Could this be shipped by RH Fedora by defaul? I assume not...)
3. modprobe prism54_pci
4. modify the wpa_supplicant config file the standard way.
6. run wpa_supplicant with the "wext"
driver: "wpa_supplicant -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -Dwext -iwlan0"
Does not work with Networkmanager at all, but with the steps above and running
everything by hand it works.
prism54_pci softmac driver should work out of the box with NetworkManager, if
the user provides the firmware himself to /lib/firmware/isl3886
prism54/softmac now works for me with Networkmanager and latest FC7 updates:
- FC7 kernel 2.6.21-1.3149.fc7
- latest NetworkManager-0.6.5-2.fc7