Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 238963
Anaconda GUI Stalls after upgrading all packages from FC6 to Test4
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:03 EST
Description of problem:
During DVD upgrade from FC6 to Test4, GUI stalled (grayed-out "back" and "next"
buttons) after all rpm updates completed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Fedora 7 Test4
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Boot Fedora 7-test4 install DVD on FC6 system and run mediacheck (pass)
2. Upgrade from FC6 with no boot loader update
3. All rpm updates reported complete but screen does not advance after reporting
889/889 rpms upgraded (approximately).
4. Wait ~20mins since last activity then ctl-alt-bksp to kill X and GUI.
Install terminal screen is also stalled so alt-F2 to new terminal screen and
5. Fedora 7 boots successfully! :)
Must kill X to reboot upgraded system.
Anaconda GUI "next" button should become available and allow upgrade install to
Intel 915GEV mobo with 2.8GHz Celeron D, 2GB DDR, IDE PATA DVD-ROM, SATA system
What's actually happening here is the erase of old packages; a window giving
better informaion on what's going on has been added post-test4