Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 239119
Review Request: perl-Class-C3-XS - XS speedups for Class::C3
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:03 EST
SRPM URL: http://home.comcast.net/~ckweyl/perl-Class-C3-XS-0.02-1.fc6.src.rpm
SPEC URL: http://home.comcast.net/~ckweyl/perl-Class-C3-XS.spec
This contains XS performance enhancers for Class::C3 version 0.16 and
higher. The main Class::C3 package will use this package automatically if
it can find it. Do not use this package directly, use Class::C3 instead.
Looks like a new version of this just came out today, but I don't think it will
bother the packaging.
I found it odd that the test suite is installed as documentation. I don't
suppose it hurts anything and I suppose the code could be instructive.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text not included upstream.
O latest version is 0.03
* BuildRequires are proper (including new Perl bits)
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* package installs properly
* debuginfo package looks complete.
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane:
perl(Class::C3::XS) = 0.02
perl-Class-C3-XS = 0.02-1.fc7
perl >= 0:5.008_000
* %check is present and all tests pass:
All tests successful.
Files=7, Tests=18, 0 wallclock secs ( 0.19 cusr + 0.09 csys = 0.28 CPU)
* no shared libraries are added to the regular linker search paths.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
(documentation is a bit larger than the rest of the package, but then we're
only talking about 20k).
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no static libraries.
* no libtool .la droppings.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: perl-Class-C3-XS
Short Description: XS speedups for Class::C3
Branches: FC-5, FC-6, devel
Imported and building. Thanks for the review! :)