Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 239494
setuputil: use adm.conf instead of dbswitch.conf, ldap.conf, etc
Last modified: 2015-12-07 11:55:45 EST
There are too many config files scattered about the file system. We should just
Many functions still accept the old server root style of path naming. We need
to instead change those functions to accept the full path of the directory
containing the config file in question.
Created attachment 154360 [details]
Created attachment 154361 [details]
Your fixes look good.
If the HISTORY is too lengthy, you may want to remove $Log?
This is an example from product.cc...
** $Log: product.cc,v $
Created attachment 154372 [details]
cvs commit log
Reviewed by: nhosoi (Thanks!)
Fix Description: Just use adm.conf for the information we used to get from
dbswitch.conf, ldap.conf, and so on. We will need to change admin server
installation to update the correct information in those files. I also changed
many of the functions that accept a server root parameter to accept instead the
full path of the directory containing the configuration file.
Platforms tested: RHEL4
Flag Day: no
Doc impact: Yes. We will have to doc that those other files are no longer used.
This fix doesn't apply anymore as we've moved away from using setuputil. The
fixes were checked in however.
Marking as VERIFIED.