Bugzilla will be upgraded to version 5.0. The upgrade date is tentatively scheduled for 2 December 2018, pending final testing and feedback.
Bug 239982 - Please update to a recent version of fontforge in fedora-devel
Please update to a recent version of fontforge in fedora-devel
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: fontforge (Show other bugs)
All Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Kevin Fenzi
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
Depends On:
Blocks: F8Target
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2007-05-13 17:53 EDT by Nicolas Mailhot
Modified: 2007-11-30 17:12 EST (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Last Closed: 2007-06-17 16:53:01 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---

Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Nicolas Mailhot 2007-05-13 17:53:03 EDT
fontforge has recently changed its on-disk sfd format
As a result next dejavu version (2.18, in ~ 1 month) will require a new fontforge 
Please update fontforge in fedora-devel (I've built 2.17 in rawhide today, it'll
probably end as the last F7 update, so pre-F7 releases should keep the current
Comment 1 Nicolas Mailhot 2007-05-13 18:23:02 EDT
(should probably wait ~ 2 weeks for the new fontforge to stabilize)
Comment 2 Kevin Fenzi 2007-05-13 18:55:37 EDT
Funny happenstance, I was just looking at fontforge today.

We were probibly going to push this as an update after f7 release if it proves
stable. I note also from the project web page that the maintainer is gone until
the end of May, so it might be good to wait until he is back so he can push any
needed fixes. 
Comment 3 Nicolas Mailhot 2007-05-13 19:18:09 EDT
He dropped his bomb May 1rst :)
The dejavu folks started converting as soon as they released 2.17, so they'll
probably identify and report problems before long
Comment 4 Kevin Fenzi 2007-06-06 21:38:24 EDT
ok, would in the next few days be a good time to push the new version? 

I'd be happy to wait or go ahead, whatever would work best for you. 
Comment 5 Nicolas Mailhot 2007-06-07 02:26:59 EDT
ok dejavu-side (only for fedora-devel)
Comment 6 Kevin Fenzi 2007-06-07 22:11:07 EDT
ok. Will build and test and push out later tonight... 
Comment 7 Kevin Fenzi 2007-06-08 00:31:00 EDT
ok. Pushed out to devel. 

Let me know if you spot any problems. If it looks ok, can you close this bug? 

Also, would you be interested in being a co-maintainer on fontforge? 
I only took it when roozbeh wasn't available. 

Comment 8 Nicolas Mailhot 2007-06-17 16:53:01 EDT
Seems to work well, thanks a lot!

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.