Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 24026
mouse pointer colors incorrect in 3Dlabs driver
Last modified: 2005-10-31 17:00:50 EST
The mouse pointer colors I set with apps like xterm (using -ms)
and emacs (pointerColor in Xdefaults) show up incorrently.
For example, `xterm -ms blue' shows an xterm with a red mouse
cursor. `xterm -ms red' shows a blue one. Green actually
shows up as green. Cyan shows up as yellow, and vice versa.
Apparently what's happening is that the red and blue RGB
components get swapped. So, colors of the form #RRGGBB
actually get used as #BBGGRR. That explains the above
examples. (Cyan is #00FFFF, yellow is #FFFF00.)
I don't notice this on my IBM laptop, only on my desktop
workstation with a Diamond Fire GL 1000 using the 3Dlabs
Permedia2 driver. This is on both the stock RedHat 7
XFree86 4.0.1, and also the rawhide 4.0.2 release.
Can you look at http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=23367
and see if your problem is similar?
I think I have a fix for this but I need to put it together and integrate
I do not have access to any Permedia hardware. I've got some potential
patches here that may or may not fix the problems you are experiencing.
I need a copy of your X server logs, and your config files as bugzilla
file attachments. I can use that info to extract the relevant portions
out of the patches and apply.
If you can send me this information ASAP, and are willing to test out a new
X server, I may be able to get the patches into our next release still,
otherwise it'll be deferred for the next development cycle.
A *MAJOR* new update to the Permedia driver has just been incorporated
into XFree86-4.0.3-8. The patches are from Compaq, and fix numerous
problems on Alpha, as well as other platforms. These packages are available
for download at: http://people.redhat.com/mharris
Please close the bug report after confirming that it does in fact fix the
problem for you, and ensure that you fill out new bug reports if you encounter
any new errors. Thanks.
I mistakenly gave a bad URL above. ;o( The proper URL is:
Not http. Please try out the latest code and let me know if this problem is
Fixed in 4.0.3-8 and later.