Spec URL: http://folk.ntnu.no/sindrb/packages/zcat/bottlerocket.spec
SRPM URL: http://folk.ntnu.no/sindrb/packages/zcat/bottlerocket-0.04c-1.fc7.src.rpm
BottleRocket is a command-line interface for Unix systems to use the
FireCracker kit. It is easy to use, has all of the major (non-gui)
functionality of the Windows interface, is easy to call from scripts and the
backend code is made to be easily linked into other programs.
Looks good; there's a single rpmlint warning:
W: bottlerocket incoherent-version-in-changelog 0.04-1 0.04c-1.fc8
Looks like the "c" was dropped from the version.
I note that debian is packaging 0.05b3, even in their stable release. I suppose
its up to you which version you package, but if you do want to package the beta
please be careful with the prerelease versioning (0.05-0.1.b3).
This package includes a binary /usr/bin/br, which is a pretty generic name.
However, this package has also been around for quite some time, a google search
reveals no matches except for this package, and there seem to be plenty of other
information, scripts and packages which expect that name for the executable. So
I think it's OK.
Really, since the only issue is a typo in the changelog entry, I'll go ahead and
approve this and you can fix it when you check in.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text not included upstream.
O latest version is 0.05b3, but it's a beta.
* BuildRequires are proper (none)
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* package installs properly
* debuginfo package looks complete.
X rpmlint has a valid complaint.
* final provides and requires are sane.
* %check is not present; no test suite upstream. I do not have the hardware
necessary for testing this.
* no shared libraries are added to the regular linker search paths.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no static libraries.
* no libtool .la files.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: bottlerocket
Short Description: Utilities to use the FireCracker X10 kit
Branches: FC-6 F-7 El-4 EL-5