Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 241930
authentication to server from evolution stops working after a time
Last modified: 2008-01-29 06:21:24 EST
After the latest update to openldap-servers, my evolution client periodically
starts having authentication problems to my ldap server. Evolution prompts for
the password, indicating an authentication failure because it's already storing
the password, and repeated attempts to reauthenticate don't work. If I stop and
start the ldap server, I can then authenticate correctly.
I'm using an up to date FC6 x86_64 setup with openldap-servers-2.3.30-2.fc6.
sorry for long time to respond... but I am not able to reproduce the bug in my
environment. Could you please provide more information?
- which openldap-servers did you use before it got broken?
- which version of evolution are you using?
- please attach your /etc/openldap/slapd.conf and ldif dump of your database
(feel free to use dummy email addresses/user names, but please check, that the
communication with evolution is still broken)
- if you have Fedora-7 installed somewhere with openldap-servers and evolution,
does it have the same problem?
- do you use TLS or SSL communication between evolution and openldap?
I cannot reproduce the bug and the reporter did not provide requested
information. Please reopen the bug if the bug persists and you are able to
provide the info I need.