Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 242498
Fedora 7: Your system-GUI to configure firewall, don't work!
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:06 EST
Description of problem:
Your system-GUI to configure firewall (Fedora 7), don't work!
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Finsih install. Before log into system 1st time, choose Firewall enabled,
SELinux enforcing. Add ports for firewall, such as 18443, 5433 etc.
2. Log into system as a non-root. Go to Administration > Firewall and SELinux.
ADD ports for firewall such as 5001. DON'T WORK!
How can I tell? Because my e-Science software don't respond. Also when I
telnet hostname 5001, that port can't be connected. Also when I go to
Administration > Firewall and SELinux, port 5001 is not added. Repeat this
step, it doesn't help.
3. Choose Fireall disabled, DON'T WORK! Choose SELinux disabled, DON'T WORK.
Change back to SELinux = disabled, restart machine, repoeat process in
step 2. DON'T WORK.
4. Use UNIX command to add firewall port. It works ok. In Fedora 6, all
changes on your system-GUI are instant and effects are immediate.
Please investigate and fix this ASAP. Thank you very much.
*** Bug 242499 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
- Raise to high priority. Reasons:
* In RHEL 3,4,5 & Fedora 4,5,6, there's no sucha problem.
* Not everyone like using iptables. If you provide GUI, the intension is to
make life easy. It's pointless if you provide such function & doesn't work.
* Novell can get back in 1 days. Have no news from you in the past 3 days?
Thanks a lot.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 227285 ***