Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 242610
toolbar placement is always in lower-right corner
Last modified: 2008-03-04 05:20:11 EST
Description of problem:
As first reported by Dairiki-san in bug 204442 the scim toolbar is always
put in the lower-right corner even if one drags it to another location.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. trigger scim
2. drag toolbar up
3. retrigger scim
1. toolbar at bottom-right
3. toolbar reappears at bottom-right
3. toolbar to appear at side of screen
Removing scim_panel_gtk-settle-toolbar-after-drag.patch workaround the problem.
scim-1.4.5-21.fc7 has been submitted to updates-testing for this.
Created attachment 156729 [details]
A slightly modified patch for this problem
I've made a slightly modified patch with the following features.
Maybe, this works well both for me and Matthias.
1. Panel always appears on the right bottom on showing.
2. The panel won't move by itself while it is shown.
3. When the panel is hidden, the current position of the panel is forgotten again.
4. If 'snapping' is enabled, the panel snaps horizontally after drag finishes.
This is the best for the current release;
There should be another option like "Remember the panel location" in 1.6 branch.
Peng Huang, probably we should update the patch for F9 at least.
It can be backported to F8 and F7 later if necessary.
I can not reproduce this problem in rawhide. Could re check it?
Agreed - looks fixed to me too.