Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 242873
Review Request: min12xxw - Print filter for Minolta printer
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:06 EST
Spec URL: http://people.redhat.com/lkundrak/SPECS/min12xxw.spec
SRPM URL: http://people.redhat.com/lkundrak/SRPMS/min12xxw-0.0.9-1.src.rpm
Description: This is a printer driver for Minolta printers.
It basically takes raw PBM input and adds Minolta protocol metadata.
The protocol is documented in format.txt that is included in %doc of this
The upstream states that the code is in the beta stage, but as no known issues
are known with PagePro 1200 1300 and 1400 I mean he only means that it
is not feature complete and he wants to extends hardware compatibility to
other printers using similar protocol (e.g. TallyGenicom 9316). So this is
basically enough for drivers we ship that need this util.
This filter is actually attempted by a number of foomatic drivers actually
includes this distribution, so they are all broken at the time. Including this
tool would solve bug #242872.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text included in package.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* package installs properly
* debuginfo package looks complete.
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane.
* %check is not present; no test suite upstream. I do not have the hardware
required to test this pacakge.
* no shared libraries are added to the regular linker search paths.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary. (Actually the
GPL is larger than the executables, but the entire package is only 64K.)
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no static libraries.
* no libtool .la files.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: min12xxw
Short Description: Print filter for Minolta printer
Branches: FC-6 F-7
No need to add yourself to CC, owners get all emails already.