Spec URL: http://people.redhat.com/rnorwood/rpms/Compression/perl-Compress-Raw-Bzip2.spec
SRPM URL: http://people.redhat.com/rnorwood/rpms/Compression/perl-Compress-Raw-Bzip2-2.004-1.src.rpm
Description: This package is part of a set of compression related perl packages. They are brought in as dependencies for the new perl-Compress-Zlib (2.004). There are several other related packages, and I'll include all of the relevant bugzillae when I've filed requests for all of them.
There are 5 compression-related packages needed for a new Compress::Zlib
(2.004), including this one. Here are the bugzilla URLs for them:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=228537 - perl-IO-Compress-Base
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=243012 - perl-Compress-Raw-Zlib
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=243016 - perl-IO-Compress-Bzip2
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=243019 - perl-IO-Compress-Zlib
This builds fine for me, but it looks like test coverage could be enhanced by a
build dependency on perl(Test::Pod):
all skipped: Test::Pod 1.00 required for testing POD
Since that's a trivial fix and it's the only issue I see with this package, I'll
go ahead and approve it and you can fix it when you check in.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text not included upstream.
* latest version is being packaged.
X BuildRequires missing Test::Pod
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* package installs properly
* debuginfo package looks complete.
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane:
perl-Compress-Raw-Bzip2 = 2.004-1.fc8
perl >= 0:5.004
X %check is present, but one test is skipped due to missing dependencies.
* no shared libraries are added to the regular linker search paths.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no static libraries.
* no libtool .la files.
Alrightey, then: new spec and SRPM:
with Test::Pod coverage goodness.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: perl-Compress-Raw-Bzip2
Short Description: Perl interface to bzip2 compression library
package imported and built.
*** Bug 573928 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***