Description of problem:
SCIM could not be started after updated from fc6 to f7.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Prepare a FC6 box with latest package updates and SCIM(scim-bridge) usable.
2. Login gnome in any locale which SCIM turned on by default in FC6 (I tested on
3. Install fedora-release:
4. Open gnome-terminal: Alt-F2 -> 'gnome-terminal'.
5. Gain root access: 'su -'.
6. Update fc6 into f7 via yum: 'yum update -y'.
7. Reboot system after update is finished.
- If login in any locale which SCIM turned on by default, the whole system is
laggy when any input field is focus or automatically being focused.
- If login in any locale which SCIM turned OFF by default (or turn that off
manually), the whole system is running fine. However, when input
'GTK_IM_MODULE=scim-bridge gedit', the console prints out messages about scim
starting and looping with message "Failed to initialize Panel Agent!". Finally,
gedit is either started without SCIM or it is even not started.
SCIM usable in locale that needs SCIM.
I have follow the steps mentioned on this page and resolved the problem
ユーザの ID を変更すると
"Failed to initialize Panel Agent!" と表示されて
# rm -rf /tmp/gconfd-(username)/
# rm -f /tmp/scim-panel-socket-(username)
i.e. removing /tmp/gconfd-(username)/ and /tmp/scim-panel-socket-(username)
I tested upgrading from FC6 GA to F7 with anaconda just before F7
was released and didn't see any problems.
Can you reproduce this from a fresh install (+ upgrades if necessary)?
FYI, it might be partially consistent to this: bug# 228196.
Do you think it is related to scim-chewing?
Closing for now. Please feel free to reopen if you find out more info.