Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 244211
RHEL5: Wrong init script
Last modified: 2014-02-10 18:03:38 EST
Description of problem:
The salinfo_decode init script returns incorrect error codes and some
constructions in it also prevent correct status function call. For example:
test -x /usr/sbin/$prog || exit 0
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
When fixing this bug, please obbey our init script guidelines and be sure that
status command is run correctly.
Our guidelines are on following two pages:
For an example of the script that returns the error codes correctly and always
runs status see:
This bug is tracked by 237789.
This request was evaluated by Red Hat Product Management for inclusion in a Red
Hat Enterprise Linux maintenance release. Product Management has requested
further review of this request by Red Hat Engineering, for potential
inclusion in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Update release for currently deployed
products. This request is not yet committed for inclusion in an Update
Created attachment 161193 [details]
Patch to fix this issue
Should be used with new spec file.
Created attachment 161194 [details]
New spec file to fix this issue
Use with previous patch.
Proposing for FasTrack as this is a easy to test and low impact issue.
Changes are in salinfo 1:1.1-4.el5
... Hmmm ... I know I changed *both* files. I think I know what I did wrong: I
only committed the salinfo_decode_all bit and was supposed to do a 'make
new-source' on the salinfo_decode-init bit.
Created attachment 307047 [details]
Must be committed with 'make new-source FILES=salinfo_decode-init'
Unlikely we'll get around to fixing this.
Closing as WONTFIX.
Will re-open if customer reported.