Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 24455
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:30:47 EDT
File Server: SPARC Solaris 2.6
DNS/NIS/DHCP Server: SPARC Solaris 2.6
Desktop: RH Linux 7.0
I have linux configured to init level 5 - so I use the X login
I have several test cases:-
1) Add a user to the linux box and put the users home on the local system.
Login using KDE as the WM. No Problem.
2) Use a hard mount of the remote FS to the linux box. Use NIS to deliver
the user info. Login using KDE as the WM and it works fine.
3) Install and configure autofs to auto mount the home file system from a
remote (Solaris) server. Now try to login selecting KDE as WM. The result
is that you are returned to the X login screen. It behaves in exactly the
same way as it would do if the uses home directory could not be found.
4) The same as above but select gnome as the WM. No problem.
5) Set the linux box to init level 3. Login as user using automount to
mount FS. No problem.
1) Use GNOME as WM!!!! (I just prefer KDE).
Is autofs logging any information to /var/log/messages about this?
Due to another problem I have been forced to re-install RH Linux 7.0 and on this installation th eproblem is not there. There must have been a fault in th
eprevious installation. Sorry.
Closing bug since it seems above that there was no prob from above.