Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 245456
please add arm support to the gmp package
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:08 EST
gmp currently doesn't build on arm platforms. There are two issues:
1. arm isn't included in the ifdef trees in gmp.h/gmp-mparam.h.
2. gmp 4.1.2 makes incorrect assumptions about the floating point format
on ARM systems, causing the testsuite to fail. This is no longer an
issue in upstream gmp, as gmp version 4.2 has moved the mpfr bits to
a separate package, but Fedora still ships version 4.1.
I've attached patches that fix the above issues. Please consider
applying the patches for (1), and please either consider applying the
patch for (2) or re-base gmp to a newer upstream version.
Thanks for your time.
Created attachment 157684 [details]
Spec file patch to set basearch to 'arm' on arm platforms.
Created attachment 157685 [details]
Patch against gmp.h to include arm support.
Created attachment 157686 [details]
Patch against gmp-mparam.h to include arm support.
Created attachment 157687 [details]
Patch for gmp to fix ARM fp word order (no longer needed for gmp 4.2.)
To understand this patch, note that there are three different
'double' formats on ARM systems:
1. Big-endian ARM systems, both old-ABI and EABI: big endian byte
order, big endian word order.
2. Little-endian old-ABI ARM systems: little endian byte order,
big endian word order.
3. Little-endian EABI ARM systems: little endian byte order, little
endian word order.
now the actual version of gmp in Fedora is 4.2.1 so the second problem is fixed.
However the first part of this bug (including arm in ifdef parts) should be
fixed in the upstream version so everyone (not only FC users) could use it.
Could you please sent this patch to upstream maintainers (http://gmplib.org)? If
there is any problem please write here a comment.
gmp.h and gmp-mparam.h are Fedora additions, not part of upstream gmp.
Also, the gmp.spec spec file that I submitted a patch for lives in
Fedora CVS only, and is not part of the upstream gmp distribution.
* This gmp.h is a wrapper include file for the original gmp.h, which has been
* renamed to gmp-<arch>.h. There are conflicts for the original gmp.h on
* multilib systems, which result from arch-specific configuration options.
* Please do not use the arch-specific file directly.
* Copyright (C) 2006 Red Hat, Inc.
* Thomas Woerner <twoerner@@redhat.com>
Ops sorry, you are right. Fixed in gmp-4.2.1-2.fc8.