Description of problem: Unhandled exception during install
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): Fedora 7
How reproducible: Every time
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Download DVD ISO
2. Unpack to FTP server
3. Burn boot.iso to CD
4: Start installation
5: After the partition is formatted (/dev/sda15), the unhandled exception is
Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW+ motherboard
1GB of RAM
WD 160GB ATA100 Hard Drive
BFGtech gForce MX440 video card
Qlogic QLA2462-CK FC controller (Not connected to SAN)
Created attachment 157773 [details]
Crash dump from anaconda.
Still fails with the "rawhide" or developmental version.
Created attachment 157835 [details]
RAWHIDE/developmental anaconda crashdump.
Have you had a chance to look at this yet? Thanks!
Any updates to this?
Appears fixed in rawhide.
Can you explain why it is still failing on my machine? Is there any useful
information in the 2 crashdumps that I attached?
Traceback (most recent call first):
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/partedUtils.py", line 1163, in openDevices
rc = intf.messageWindow(_("Warning"),
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/fsset.py", line 118, in createLabel
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/fsset.py", line 581, in labelDevice
kslabel = entry.label)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/fsset.py", line 1550, in labelEntry
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/fsset.py", line 1648, in makeFilesystems
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/packages.py", line 153, in turnOnFilesystems
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 203, in moveStep
rc = stepFunc(self.anaconda)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 126, in gotoNext
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 1041, in nextClicked
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/iw/progress_gui.py", line 67, in renderCallback
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 1068, in handleRenderCallback
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'messageWindow'
Your crash dump shows where anaconda is failing. We were trying to display an
error message dialog box when the interface object was set to None. We've fixed
that since you last tried rawhide and now. Your last crash dump is from June
25th (or posted on that date). The changelog shows we fixed this issue on July
16th, so a build after that point will have the fix.