Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 245743
Review Request: python-isprelink - Python module to determine if a file has been prelinked
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:08 EST
Spec URL: http://repo.ocjtech.us/misc/fedora/7/SRPMS/python-isprelink-0.1.2-1.fc7.spec
SRPM URL: http://repo.ocjtech.us/misc/fedora/7/SRPMS/python-isprelink-0.1.2-1.fc7.src.rpm
Python module to determine if a file has been prelinked
(This will be used by bcfg2 >= 0.9.4 to speed up operations)
There doesn't seem to be a version 0.1.2 upstream; all I can find is 0.1.1.
Well, they have some 0.1.2 RPMs up for CentOS, but I can't find an actual tarball.
Yeah, the updated tarball was emailed to me and to the mainatiner of the FTP
site but the maintainer of the FTP site hasn't uploaded it yet. Hopefully that
will happen RSN.
OK, just ping me when the source is publically available and we'll finish this off.
? source files match upstream
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text included in package.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* package installs properly
* debuginfo package looks complete.
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane:
python-isprelink = 0.1.2-1.fc8
python(abi) = 2.5
* %check is not present; no test suite upstream.
* no shared libraries are added to the regular linker search paths.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no static libraries.
* no libtool .la files.
The tarball got uploaded to the FTP server but it was different from
the one I was using. The main difference is that there's no copy of
the GPL included in the tarball but the code includes the appropriate
disclaimer. I've requested that they include the GPL with the next
OK, everything looks good to me now. I guess one important lesson is to never
trust upstream to do something sensible.
and now we have
* license text not included upstream.
Thanks for the review!
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: python-isprelink
Short Description: Python module to determine if a file has been prelinked
Branches: devel F-7 FC-6 EL-5 EL-4
Packages imported and builds submitted.