Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 246458
RAID1 is created half-sized on one disk, instead two.
Last modified: 2016-02-08 08:39:09 EST
Description of problem:
When you choose during installation to create RAID1 over two partition, anaconda
split first partition into two and create RAID there.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. in wizard, go to the until create custom disk layout.
2. create 8GB partition in /dev/sda (sda1)
3. create 8GB partition in /dev/sdb (sdb2)
4. click on RAID button and make RAID1 over sda1
5. chose options: mount as /, members sda1 and sdb1, format partition
6. click OK.
4GB sda1 and 4GB sda2 partition appears. RAID1 is over sda1 and sda2
8GB sda1, no sda2. RAID1 is over sda1 and sdb1
Can you please explain step 4 more carefully? After you create two partitions
by clicking "New" and selecting the "software RAID" filesystem type, you then
click on the "RAID" button. On this screen, are you then selecting "Create a
software RAID partition", "Create a RAID device", or "Clone a drive to create a
I choosed "Create a RAID device".
I wanted to documented by series of screenshot, but I can not reproduce it
anymore. Therefore I'm closing it as NOTABUG.